CH. 21

-

Song Rec. -  Barracuda by Heart

-

Walking in the crate I understand what Sam meant, it was entirely empty except for a secret opening leading to stairs going down into the ground. 

Sharon walked down first, taking quick steps as I stayed behind her, my steps seconds slower as the pain continued in my thigh.

I hear Sam asking what's gonna happen next as Sharon rushes in, me hot on her tail.

"Guys we're seriously out of time," Sharon exclaims, to my right I see Zemo rush towards the man I assume was Dr. Nagel, pointing a gun at him and shooting him in the chest.

"No!" Sam jumps at Zemo, knocking him over as Sharon checks Nagel.

"What did you do?" I rush over to her as Bucky moves to me until a giant blast knocks us all over. My body knocks back into a cabinet, the glass shattering behind me as everything begins to collapse around us.

"Shit!" I yell out loud, pushing myself up as my palms land on shards of glass. I look up as flames are laying waste to the lab, Bucky pulling Sharon up on the other side of the fire.

I see Sam looking around as he gets up. "Anybody see Zemo?" I look around as well, shakily standing up on my feet as I felt the cut on my thigh torn open further, Zemo entirely out of sight. 

"Elena come on!" 

I turn around as Bucky pulls me tight to his side as we go to the stairs, more or less carrying me as I struggle to keep up. Just as we step off the stairs an explosion comes from behind us, tossing us forward with Sam and Sharon who were waiting behind the steel doors.

My body knocks into Sharon, the steel doors catching us as we fall into them still on our feet.

Bucky peeks his head out of the doorway as we fix ourselves. "Alright, wait for my signal!" 

No one seems to hear him as Sam and Sharon go out to the right, Sam pulling me with him as Bucky steps out to the left, shooting at the attackers.

Chaos fills the air around us as bullets pierce into the steel crates over and around our heads. I shoot my energy spirals at one of the guys, putting as much effort into tossing him into the other guy as blood leaks out of my thigh. 

My hands stung from the glass as I hold them up, successfully knocking both of the guys over as we huddle under some knocked-over crates.

I kneel down behind some containers next to Sam, looking down at my torn hands. I shoot spirals from one hand to the other, pulling as many pieces of glass as I could for the time, a sharp breath seething through my teeth as the glass falls onto the ground before me. 

The cuts immediately started to heal, bringing me that much more comfortable as the one on my thigh was more stubborn considering the conditions.

"And you like living here!?" Sam shouts from next to me, I look over and see Sharon kneel down, reloading her gun as she speaks.

"It's not terrible." She hops back up and continues, I crawl up onto my knees and go to her side, ducking by the other crates as I pull the gun out of a woman's hands, tossing her against the steel crate as she attempted to draw closer to us.

"I thought we were going to go left?!" Bucky's voice has me turning quickly, seeing him crouched over as he yells at Sam.

"You went the wrong way!"

"I was clearing the way!"

They continued bickering as I turned back around and opened a portal in front of Sharon, protecting her from bullets and letting them back out to one of the men on top of the crates, his body dropping onto the ground.