CH. 13

-

Song Rec. - You Belong to Me by The Duprees

-

We walked down a long hallway until the security guard stopped us.

"Down through the corridor, on the left." He informs.

"Alright, just give us a sec." Bucky says, waving the security guard away, him seceding into his position by the door.

He turns to us after giving one quick look.

"I'm gonna go in alone."

I raise my eyebrows in response, Sam's face twisting in confusion as well.

"Why?"

Bucky looks at Sam seriously. "Cause you're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that."

"Well I'm not, and if Sam's not comfortable with you going in alone then I'll go in with you." I interrupt, hands on my hips as I look up at him.

"No." He replies quickly.

Almost too quickly.

His shoulders raise as he sighs.

Sam interjects once more, "Buck it's not like you two are known for frolicking in the sun together."

Bucky lowers his voice, "he was obsessed with Hydra. We have a history together."

I open my mouth to mention my involvement but he quickly snaps his head in my direction.

"-And no, you're not going in there with him."

I stare at him a moment longer, surveying him. "How do you know you can trust him James?"

"Just-" he looks away for a moment before continuing, "-trust me. I got it."

His eyes hold mine for a moment, dwelling in the color, then finally causing me to concede in his decision.

"Fine." I drop my hands and gesture him to the corridor. "We'll be outside then."

"Bucky, be careful," Sam warns him, pointing a finger at him before turning and motioning me to follow him out the door.

I turn once more, catching his glance until the door shuts, leaving him to meet with the man that had Sam so nervous.

"So what's the history with this guy?" I ask as we hand over our badges to the front deskman and walk through the security gate.

"You didn't read up on the big breakup of the Avengers?" Sam opens the entrance door, holding it open for me as I walkthrough.

"No, unfortunately, I didn't have time to obsess over the Avengers' team issues."

Sam shakes his head amusingly as we walk out.

"Wait..."

I thought over it for a moment, remembering something.

"-Was it over the Sokovia Accords? I read in the global reports that it was the deal-breaker for the team."

We walk over to a lunch table and take seats across from each other.

"Not exactly. I mean yeah Steve and Tony bumped heads about that but it was a lot more than just signing some accords."

I sit silently as he continued, pausing to sigh as I sensed some discomfort of the subject.

"I mean let's just say Zemo brought some ugly things back to life that had Steve, me, and a few others in hiding for 2 years."