35.

Chapter 35

________

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask in the middle of embracing Sutton at the door. I then smile at Zayn and back at Sutton when I pull away from the hug.

"Here to crash your romantic getaway," she tells me with a grin when she glances down at my robe. "Okay, I convinced Zayn to bring me after I overheard him on the phone with Harry."

"It's true," Zayn says, reaching for his girlfriend's silky hair to push off her shoulder. "I was talking to Harry over the phone. He mentioned he was in Vegas with you and now we're here. Where is he, by the way?"

Oh. I look behind, over my shoulder. Remembering the place is clean, I take a step back and open the door wide. "He's in the shower-"

"D'Amore-" Harry opens the bathroom door, stepping out with a white towel around his waist. He pauses when he sees Zayn and Sutton at the door. Straightening his posture, he knits his eyebrows together. "I thought you weren't arriving until much later."

He knew they were coming? I peel my eyes off of Harry to see and Zayn and Sutton's reaction.

"We were," Zayn says. "But our sitter for Stark took him in earlier than planned."

"Right... Well come in, I guess." Harry invites, extending an arm to guide his friends into our room.

"What you guys been up to?" Sutton teases, looking at us both before being the first to step foot inside. She swings her handbag then tosses it on the bed. Zayn follows behind her, giving me another thin-lipped smile as he passes me.

I shut the door and just as I'm about to join them, Harry grabs my arm and tugs me into the bathroom with him. I part my lips, about to complain, but he presses a finger against my mouth.

"They don't know shit," he says low and quietly. "about her or you winning. Keep it that way."

Looking into his eyes, I knew better than to not question it and just nod. Shortly, he removes his finger from my mouth and steps out to join Zayn and Sutton.

I release a breath, wondering why they came all this way in the first place. Did Harry convince them to come? Why hadn't he mentioned it to me?

I make a note to ask him later. I look down to make sure my robe is tight and secured as I step right on out.

"It's bad in L.A. right now," I hear Sutton say as I step into their view.

With arms crossed over my chest, I raise an eyebrow at the three sets of eyes on me. "Bad?" I repeat.

"The weather," Sutton then clears. "It's that one time of the year where it rains all night and there's mudslides and floods the next day. I love warm weather so I'm glad I'm here!"