73.

Chapter 73

I left the safe house without telling anyone. I couldn't bare the looks sent my way anymore, or the silence whenever I walked into the room. The loneliness I felt was what I struggled with the most. Walking into the room I shared with Harry was heartbreaking when all I wanted was to feel his arms around me.

I refused to believe he was dead. I was being treated as if he was and I was growing sick of it. I had to leave, but this time I couldn't include the Angelos.

I let them down. They wouldn't tell me, but I knew that I had when they continued to mourn. I was responsible for over ten dead Angelos and Eileen was one of them. I couldn't even close my eyes for a minute because I would see the light leave her eyes every time. I've hardly slept because of it.

I was at fault, all of it, and no one needed to tell me.

I knew nothing of Harry or his whereabouts. I'd like to believe he would've reached out to me, but then again my impulsivity urged me to pack a few things and look for him myself.

I had to start somewhere. If I wanted to find Harry, I needed to find Louis. As I went over everything in my head, I still didn't understand why he would help me. He set me free. Did Harry put him up to it?

It wasn't that difficult to find him. It wasn't that difficult to maneuver through LA on my own either. I lost the fear of being found by Dante or his Infernos ever since that day at the warehouse.

It was dark, a little windy, too, as I walked down the sidewalk with a hood over my head and a backpack hanging off my shoulder. I headed for the tattoo shop, the one where I met Harry, the one where I assumed Louis would be because I remembered just how many times he would hang around there.

I also had a deep curiosity about the place. I wanted to know if it was still there.

When I got there, the lights were on. From the outside, fluorescent red and blue lights read Tattoos and Piercings, but the Closed sign had flickered on and off. Despite it being closed, I swung the unlocked door open and stepped right in. I scanned the room with the same red walls and same checkered floors and I found none other than Louis.

My gut was right. I knew he'd be here, but I found myself surprised anyway.

All alone and smoking a joint, Louis was rested back against a reclined chair. He then turned his head and when he saw me, he mumbled, "Oh, shit."

I walked further into the shop to get to where he was. He sat up and I asked, "Why did you help me?"

Louis looked around and behind me as if he questioned if I hadn't come alone. "Does there have to be a reason?" He chuckled before bringing his joint back to his lips.

I crossed my arms over my chest and tilted my head at the dullness of his answer. "Figuring you went out of your way to harass me and set me up, yes—there should be a reason as to why you would fucking help me."

He inhaled another puff, leaving me waiting for an answer. Then, he told me, "Just like I told Pierce, I had my reasons. Nothing to do with you."

I could feel myself grow cold at the mention of Harry. "He—" I paused. "He didn't tell you to let me go?"

"No," he answered and chuckled. He then lay back against his chair again. "But, uh... now that you're here. Sorry."

"For?" I almost rolled my eyes, but instead, I pulled a stool with wheels closer to me and I took a seat. I'd been walking on my feet for a while.

"You know... harassing you. Sending you all the way to Mexico for candy and—" He smirked behind his joint. "listening in on you and Pierce."