author's note.

dear gorgeous readers,

if you have made it to the end, this far, thank you. i bet reading through this wild ride has made you upset sometimes, maybe even sad, and i'm sure you have even cringed (because reading back i definitely cringed lmao), but i hope most of all i have made you kick your legs screaming into a pillow with an urge to throw your phone across the room.

i started this fic on a whim. i woke up on a random day in january and i begun to heavily brainstorm. i wanted to so badly write a basic dark harry fic because they were my guilty pleasure. i wrote, dark harry meets mc and he threatens to kill her on some random piece of paper and that was the beginning!

i didn't know this fic would blow up the way that it did. suddenly, i saw it shared all over tiktok. it was a high at first, seeing how many people were sharing my fic! then the comparisons started to flow in. my fic was suddenly being pitted against another fic and it put me in a bad slump. but then i remembered, oh shit?? i don't care! i kept writing and i'm glad i did!

i also know some of you didn't agree with some of the choices joelle made and it made me sad. especially in chapter 50+ when she decided to go back to LA. it wasn't an author move for me to throw in unnecessary drama. it wasn't a "step back" for her character development either. my girl said no to running away and she faced her fears and she trusted her gut. look where it got her!

but i'm so glad you fell in love with pierced harry as much as i did. he had it rough growing up. he grew up thinking he would remain unlovable for the rest of his life, but he was wrong. he's very much loved. i wasn't going to kill him off (as many of you believed) because he deserves everything good!

again, thank you. i see your comments and i love your tweets. during these hard times, i smile because of you guys! i smile because of harry and jo! i'm so happy i got to give them their happy ending.

unfortunately, i don't think i can write a sequel because it's so good in the place where they are. but that's why epilogues exist!

i'm off to write my next fic. if you don't already know, it's called Crimson Kills. it's gonna be fun, it's gonna be wild! join me again? only if you want to.

thank you for reading, thank you for everything!

i love ya,
mila!

p.s. my favorite thing that i wrote in pierced was that foursome between four besties. what was yours?

 what was yours?