60.

RECAP: Just as they were set to run off to Paris together, Jo backed out over a gut feeling. She expressed to Harry that she wanted to go back to Los Angeles. Although he was against it, he promised himself that he'd go wherever she goes. In Los Angeles, they stumbled upon a safe house protected by the Angelos. In the safe house, she learned more about her grandfather's legacy and the history behind his rivalry with Dante. She's now left to clear her mother's name when the Angelos do not want to protect her.

Chapter 60

I wake up from a nap, a bit dazed and confused after having such a vivid dream of being on a beach. I look around when I turn to lay on my back. I would be disappointed to think there's no ocean breeze or sun around, but I have something better right next to me. I smile when I find Harry. With his left hand tucked behind his head and the other holding up a book, he turns his head and smiles right back.

"Are you up now, pretty girl?"

"No," I whisper before I lift my arms for a quick stretch.

Setting the book down above his chest, he waits for me to finish stretching. He then says, "You were out for a while."

"Really?" I ask and slowly sit up. "Were you next to me the whole time?"

With a hum in agreement, he then says, "While reading, but occasionally taking a break to watch you sleep."

I grin, reaching over to slide my fingers into his hair. I admire him from his sleepy eyes to kissable mouth. I wish my mind didn't have to think of what happened before I decided to take a nap. With a quick chew on my bottom lip, I then ask Harry, "Do you happen to know anything about... that girl, Valentina?"

He shakes his head. "But, um... I think it's almost time for dinner. You want to head out there?"

As much as I want to hide out, I shouldn't. So I nod at his suggestion and together we get out of the twin-sized bunk bed. The thought of eating, however, makes my stomach turn. I feel nauseous but it might be the trickling anxiety sneaking up on me.

I take a moment to myself by heading to the restroom. With a quick brush of my teeth and face wash, I feel much more refreshed than I did in the first few chaotic hours of my day.

"Are you alright?" Harry asks me when I meet him in the hallway again.

Instead of answering him, I reach for his cheeks to take into my hands. I then stand on my toes, leaning in to kiss him quickly. "I am now."

We share a grin and another delicate kiss. "Please," he mumbles against my mouth.

"Please, what?" I ask with a soft giggle as his lips then travel off my mouth and towards my ear.

"Please tell me we could go for a fuck somewhere. I think I'm having withdrawals."

As my hands slide off his cheeks to touch his chest, I pull back just to look at him. "Like... right now?"

"Right now if you let me have you, my sweet sweet angel."

Letting out a laugh, I then bite my lip from the tempting offer. "Where?" I let myself smirk when I become all for it.

"I don't care, angel girl... I just want to bury my dick in you so fucking bad, please." He leans me back against the wall.

Because we're pretty much alone in the empty hallway, I kiss him again. "What about... underneath the stars? On the roof?" I ask him with a smirk that doesn't go anywhere as I then kiss his cheeks several times.

He sucks in a breath at my suggestion. "Out in the open?"

"Does that scare you?" I tease.

"No," he whispers near my lips.