Episode 10

A few days had passed since then. Azusa was reading a book outside his balcony when he saw Tsubaki from the living room on the fifth floor. He was on a call with someone. He made eye contact with Azusa as he ended the call.

A few seconds after that his phone rang. It was his manager. He answered the call. "What? I got the part from the audition? Really?" Azusa furrowed his eyebrows. "What? P-please hold on a minute. That role was Tsubaki's..." Azusa looked towards the fifth level, only to find Tsubaki wasn't there anymore. "Have you already talked to Tsubaki about this?"

His manager said yes, causing Azusa to quickly end the call.

In another part of the house, Keiko just got back from school due to club activities. She went to her mail, seeing there's an envelope in it.

'Oh Natsume-san sent this. It must be the game.'

Tsubaki walked by so she decided to tell him about it. However she was surprised by his reaction. He just smiled and went out. She expected him to respond to her excitedly or flirt with her.

The door to the inside entrance opened, revealing Azusa.

"Have you seen Tsubaki?"

"He just went out..."

Azusa thanked her before leaving.

'I wonder if anything happened between them... Should I follow them? No Keiko, you're being nosy! You don't want a repeat of what happened with Ukyou-san, so let them be.'

She entered her room. She changed into comfortable clothes and opened the envelope. There was a disc inside, labelled as PANZER OF THE DEAD, the name of the game. She grabbed her bean bag and dragged it in front of her television. She put the disc in the game console, grabbed a mineral water and bag of dried fruits and sat on the bean bag.

She played the game, listening to the dialogue between the characters which her twin stepbrothers voiced.

"Woah, can't believe I'm feeling moved by this game... The twins sure are incredible in making the players feel touched." She said in amazement.

She continued playing the game until the next morning, only stopping to eat and go to the toilet.

•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•

"Aaaaaaah! I can't pass this!" Keiko shouted. She was stuck in the desert zone, dying countless times trying to pass it. She looked outside. "Yikes... it's already morning?" She stood up, looking around her room until her eyes stopped at a card on her desk. It was Natsume's business card.

"He wouldn't mind, would he?" She asked as she picked up the card, her fingers grazing over his phone number.

That evening, after getting some sleep in the morning, she called Natsume and he agreed to meet her at a restaurant, grabbing dinner together.

Keiko arrived early so she decided to play with her phone, scrolling through SNS.

The bell on the door rang, signaling a customer coming in. It was Natsume. Natsume looked around until his eyes landed on Keiko.

"You're awfully early. Did you wait long?" He asked as he took a seat.

"Not at all."

"Oh my gosh! Is that guy hot or what?" A woman exclaimed. She was sitting a few tables over with her friend.

"But it looks like he's meeting with his girlfriend." Her friend said, causing Keiko to furrow her eyebrows. She looked towards the women with a confused face. The women quickly act like they were doing something.