Episode 9

"Haaaaah~"

Keiko and Yuusuke were on their way back home when she let out a long sigh. Their exam results were returned today and both of them didn't exactly get what they expected. Keiko has to retake Japanese literature while Yuusuke has to retake most of their subjects.

Keiko doesn't enjoy Japanese literature thus why she doesn't pay much attention to that subject while Yuusuke... he was busy daydreaming most of the time about spending time with Keiko when the teachers were teaching.

"Who do you think would get mad at us for failing?" Keiko asked.

"Kyou-nii. He's gonna show his true demon form when he hears about this."

Keiko shivered. "What if he kicks us out?"

"You only have to retake a subject so you're safe. I'm the one who's gonna be sleeping in a dark scary-looking alleyway." Yuusuke sighed.

"Don't worry. I'll offer you my room."

Yuusuke blushed. "Y-you can't do that! Y-you're a girl!"

"Yes but I'm your stepsister. People wouldn't be misunderstood."

Crack!

Yuusuke can hear his heart crack into pieces when he hears the word stepsister.

"Anyway, let's stop by a café. Even though we have to retake exams, we should still celebrate. Besides, it's not often we hang out after school together."

It's true. They would always be so busy with their own club activities that they rarely walk home together.

'Like a d-date?!? Then I better make this an enjoyable one!'

"I-i know a cafe that sells delicious cakes. It's where Iori-nii works."

"Ooh should we go? We're not bothering him right?"

"Nah, it'll be fine. He should be grateful because we're spending money at his café."

The café was near their home. From the outside, it gives off this classy yet sweet vibe. When they entered, they saw the café was decorated with a cool tone decoration.

Keiko saw a familiar figure. 'Is that Iori?'

She called him out, and as luck would have it, it really was him!

"Imouto? Yuusuke? Did you come from school?"

Keiko nodded her head. "Yeah. We decided to stop by your café and give you moral support for your job. Besides, it's not often we get to walk back home together."

Iori smiled, thanking them for their thoughtfulness. He brought them to an empty table and took their orders.

After a while, Iori returns, bringing with him two plates of cakes and a parfait.

"Hmm? We didn't order that." She pointed to the parfait.

"It's my treat for you guys. Didn't you guys say you're getting your exam results today?"

Both of them flinched.

Keiko awkwardly laughed. "Ahahaha about that..."

After telling him their results, Iori patted Keiko's head.

"You guys did your best, and I'm proud of it. You guys still have a year to improve your results so make use of the time and study."

"Oh yeah... you're graduating this year. What about work?"

"I'll be quitting at the end of December to focus on my studies. I do have to study for the entrance exam after all. Enjoy your desserts."

Iori bids them goodbye and goes back to work, allowing the two to chat.