Episode 23

The next day after school ended, she went to the hospital, bringing Azusa's books and DVDs to give to him. Yuusuke wanted to come along but he did badly on today's surprise quiz so he had to attend supplementary lessons.

She texted him to meet up on the rooftop of the hospital. When she arrived, Azusa was talking to someone on the phone. When the phone call ended, Keiko greeted him cheerfully.

"Was the phone call from work?" She asked, taking a seat on the empty bench. She patted the seat next to her.

Azusa takes it as a signal to sit next to her and does that. "It's from Tsubaki. Seems like he's getting pumped up for work."

"Ah it's about the voice acting for the anime right? Natsume-san told me about it."

Azusa nodded his head. "Tsubaki's amazing. He's already resuming what's left and doing his best."

"He's doing it for you. That's just how he is."

"Once more, I'll be able to see his pro skills."

They were quiet after that, looking at the bustling city below them.

"About the day before yesterday... I'm sorry. For not thinking about your feelings, for making you feel uncomfortable. I understand if you hate me, you should be." He got up from his seat. "From now on, I'll stay away from you."

Azusa wasn't able to move forward as Keiko's hand held his left arm.

"You're apologising not on Tsubaki's behalf right?"

Azusa shook his head. "Do you want me to?"

Keiko smiled and shook her head. "Nope. I'm actually happy you didn't apologise on his behalf. If you did, I would really hate you."

"You don't hate me?"

"Why would I? You're still my step-brother." She got up from her seat and leaned onto the metal fence. "I'll accept your apology only if you stay by my side."

"But-"

"No buts! Yuusuke-kun liked me but stayed by my side. I don't want our relationship as step-siblings ruin because of this. Besides, I need your help."

"Help?"

"Tsubaki-san. Only you could put him in his place, he'll definitely listen to you. Especially after what happened before this."

Azusa smiled. "I'll do my best to help you."

"Thank you Azusa-san." Keiko pushes herself from the fence. "I'll come visit again. Maybe with Wataru-chan. He said he wanted to talk with you a lot so you don't get bored."

"I'll be waiting then."

Keiko bid him goodbye. She was only a few steps away from the door leading towards the lifts when she felt a sharp pain on her left knee. She winced but continued walking until she was inside the hospital.

'Why now? Maybe the pain will go away when I rest.'

•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•

The next day in school, Keiko was eating lunch in her classroom along with Yuusuke and Daiki. Ayame, Rika and Sasakura were in the school cafeteria buying their lunch.

They were eating lunch peacefully, chatting about random stuff when the door to their classroom was opened aggressively.

A blonde-haired girl was at the door, scanning through the classroom until her eyes landed on Yuusuke. She smiled. "Asahina-senpai~!" She shouted and walked towards him with a cheerful smile.

"Minakami? What are you doing here?" Yuusuke asked, standing up.

She clinged on Yuusuke's arm, hugging it tightly to her chest.