Episode 16

It has been a week since their school trip ended. Everything was back to normal... except Keiko noticed that the students would always whisper, gossiping about something. Probably related to her. But what about?

When she asked Ayame and Rika, they shrugged their shoulders, not knowing either. Asking her classmates isn't useful either because they would look at her as if they're guilty.

'Hmm oh well. A few weeks later, whatever gossip surrounding me is gonna die down.'

The school bell rings, indicating the end of the school day.

"Yuusuke-kun, you don't have any club activities right? Let's go home together." Keiko suggested as she put away her books and stationaries.

"Uh... I've plans with my friends. You should go home first." Yuusuke said quickly, not bothering to say goodbye to her.

Keiko frowned. Another thing that hasn't return to normal is that lately, Yuusuke's avoiding her. Both at home and at school. He'll quickly eat dinner and coop himself up in his room. He would also skip breakfast and go to school earlier than Keiko.

Keiko sighed. 'Did I do something to offend him? Was I being nosy again?' She was about to exit the classroom when Sasakura asked if he could talk to her.

"Yea sure. What's up?"

All of their classmates had left, leaving them to be alone in the classroom together.

Sasakura took a deep breath before looking at her seriously. "I've been in love with you since we first met. Would you go out with me?" He asked, bowing down 90°.

Keiko wasn't surprised. She felt awkward. Every guy that confessed to her was a stranger to her so she never received a confession from someone she knows... until now. "I'm sorry Sasakura-san." She sighed. "I can't accept your feelings."

Sasakura got up from his bow, a sad smile plastered on his face. "Can I know why you reject me?"

"Honestly, I have someone that I like." Daiki's goofy smile appeared in her mind and she smiled. "I hope you'll find someone that will love you back."

Sasakura scratched his neck. "Argh I'm sad but I guess I should take this as a man." He looked at Keiko. "So, who's the lucky guy?"

Keiko blushed. "A secret."

"Eeeh I guess the rumours are true then. You like Yuusuke?"

"Huh? No! The one that I like is-" Keiko stopped herself, face red. "Is... is..."

"It's Daiki-san isn't it? The rumours are twisted to make you look bad."

"Wait a minute. What rumours are you talking about?"

"Didn't you hear? There were rumours you were dating Yuusuke but cheating with Daiki."

Keiko scrunched her forehead. "What? That's ridiculous. Yuusuke's my stepbrother... I guess not many people know that."

Ktaaaaang! Ktuuuung!

They looked at the back door. Someone was eavesdropping.

Keiko sighed, shaking her head. "At least this should clear up any misunderstanding."

"I hope no one spreads stories about me getting rejected." He chuckled. "This doesn't mean I'm giving up on you yet. But for now, I'm satisfied being your friend... we are friends right?"

Keiko giggled while she nodded her head. "Of course. Wanna go home together?"

"Sure... anyway, what's up with you and Daiki?" Sasakura teased.