Episode 29

The next morning, Keiko had woken up early and got ready to go to the morning market with Ukyou. When she exited her room, Ukyou was already waiting for her in the kitchen.

"Ooooh, Ukyou-san's in his relax mode." Keiko stated when she saw his appearance.

His hair was down which she doesn't often see. She has only ever seen him with his hair down thrice since she lived with him. He always has this professional air around him, even when he's home so seeing him letting loose made Keiko relieved.

Ukyou chuckled before greeting her a good morning. "I hope you were able to sleep well in a new room." Seeing Keiko nodding her head, they began making their way to the morning market.

"Uwaaaah!" She exclaimed, her eyes shining bright in excitement. There were already a lot of people at the morning market, buying fresh ingredients, bargaining with sellers for cheaper prices and eating breakfast from small shops.

"Amazing isn't it?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah! Even though it smells, I love this atmosphere."

Ukyou chuckled before telling her their mission for today, which was to buy all the foods listed in a list he made last night. It didn't take too long as there were two people doing the shopping.

And Keiko was able to bargain fish for a cheap price! Ukyou is super proud of her, even teasing her by saying he should make her come to markets often so they could get food for cheap prices.

They were on their way back, walking down the road next to the beach when Keiko commented, "We sure got a lot more than we need." She lifted up both of her hands that were carrying plastic bags full of food.

"It's thanks to you for accompanying me. They wouldn't stop cooing at us, mistaking us for a cute couple."

She rolled her eyes, huffed out a loud sigh. "It's so annoying when people do that. Of course we don't look like we're related but could they not assume we're a couple straight away?"

"But thanks to that, we got a lot of free stuff." Ukyou chuckled before giving her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. It must be uncomfortable being shipped with your old step-brother."

"Yes it is." An idea popped into her head. She pointed her fingers towards his chest. "You should have a girlfriend, so people can ship you with her instead. Or a boyfriend, whatever goes your way."

He chuckled before looking distantly at the view in front of them. "I... don't think I want to fall in love again."

"Ehhh, why?"

"I don't want a repeat of what happened with my ex."

"Hmmm, understandable." However, she couldn't help but hope he will find his one and only soulmate, someone he can cherish forever. "The morning sea breeze is nice."

"It sure is. You wouldn't get to enjoy it if you slept in."

She looked towards him. "Were you always the one in charge of cooking? You're a lawyer that's busy yet you still wake up early and cook breakfast for our brothers. And after a tiring day, you cook dinner for us. Don't you... I don't know, want a break sometimes? Give the task to others?"

"It's always been me since I could remember. Of course others had tried cooking before but... they'd either cook unhealthy food or it would taste... disgusting." He sighed, shaking his head. "So I took care of cooking. At first, it was troublesome cooking for a big family but even though our brothers are stupid and lazy..." She giggled upon hearing his statement. "They're still cute and I want them to eat healthy. Besides, most of our brothers have irregular work shifts. If it's not me, then who's going to do it?"