Episode 28

Since then, summer break has arrived.

The two high schoolers thankfully passed their exams so they could enjoy summer break without worry.

Currently, Keiko and her family are on their way to their family's private island, where Kaname's temple is holding a summer festival. Everyone freed up their schedule since Keiko begged them, wanting everyone to be present for their 'summer family trip'. However, their parents weren't coming since they're in Malaysia, wanting to meet orangutans.

Kaname had gone first to prepare for the festival while Fuuto had work in the morning so he'll come later.

They rode three cars, the first car was driven by Masaomi with Ukyou, Subaru and Wataru as his passengers. The second car was driven by Natsume and Azusa, Hikaru and Keiko were his passengers. The last car was driven by Tsubaki with Louis, Iori and Yuusuke riding in it.

"What are you thinking about, imouto-san?" Hikaru asked as they made their way to the port. They need to take a ferry in order to go to the island. Thankfully, the family have their own private yacht so they won't be riding the scheduled ferry.

Apparently, Keiko seemed absent-minded as she looked at the moving buildings. She actually was lost in her thoughts, thinking about a certain someone. "Hmm? O-oh, nothing at all."

Hikaru smiled slyly. "Really? Then, may I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"Why didn't you invite your boyfriend to join us?"

Keiko suddenly coughed, her cheeks slowly turning red.

Yes, she and Daiki are officially a couple.

After the surprise birthday party ended, Daiki excused himself to return home. Keiko offered to walk him down, also wanting to discuss his sudden claim of her being his girlfriend. Of course some of her brothers wanted to accompany her, disguising it as a reason for them to send death glares to Daiki. Keiko quickly declined it, wanting privacy.

Thankfully they don't push any further. So, when they were out of her family's sight, she hit his shoulder.

"What the hell was that?"

"What?" He asked, brows furrowing as he acted like he just didn't declare she was his girlfriend.

"You know what. Don't act clueless."

When the elevator arrived, they entered it.

"What? About you being my girlfriend?"

"Uh yes." She stated as if that's not the obvious.

"It's true. You're my girlfriend."

"Since when? You never confessed to me..."

The door to the elevator opened and they exited. Daiki still hasn't answered her question.

She was starting to get annoyed. What's so hard about answering that question?

When they neared the door, Keiko quickly stood in front of him, blocking his exit. He's not going home until he answers her question.

"Tell me... please."

Daiki looked away, his hand covering half of his face, from nose to chin. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he let it go, he faced Keiko with his red cheeks.

"I like you in case you haven't noticed. So much that I become a coward. I couldn't confess because I was scared you wouldn't like me back..." His eyes held a serious gaze. "But when you called me, hearing your cracked voice and your sniffles, something hit me. I wanna be the one to make you smile again. As cliché as it sounds, I want to protect your smile, the smile that makes my day better."