17: Idiot :)

"Donghyuck put your plate in the sink!"

"Do it for me please!" Donghyuck shouted while walking inside his bedroom with a full stomach, he plopped down on his bed and looked at his ceiling.

He can't stop thinking about what Mark said and how he acted, was he being too much? Can't Donghyuck not kiss him anymore? Is he not allowed to do that to him? Millions of thoughts jumbled inside his brain, hiding his face on the pillow.

"You are so fucking stupid!" Donghyuck kept on hitting the pillow while screaming unknown words.

What the hell was he even trying to do? Trying to impress Mark and then trying to kiss afterwards??? Not cool.

The reason why he is acting like this is because..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's after class and Donghyuck decided to wait for Mark outside of the school because he was told by the older that they are going on a date tonight.

For the past few days, Mark would hold his hand in school or when they are in public, he also gives unexpected hugs and kisses. At first, he was confused but then he remembered it was just pretend so he just played along.

Not gonna lie, he likes it.

He is finally accepting that he likes Mark so much.

Everytime when Mark is around him he feels weird but in a good type of weird, he'd deny these feelings before but now he is not anymore, he admits that he feels butterflies inside his stomach and some kind of hammer pounding in his heart when he is around him.

But then he remembers that all of those are just for show...

He only showed love when Mina was around before but this week, even though the girl is not around, Mark would still show his affection towards him.

He would love to enjoy more of it.

It's been two hours and Donghyuck was getting impatient, where the hell is Mark? He has already kicked a lot of stones and plucked many leaves but Mark never came.

He decided to go inside the school again to pee but saw Mark leaning on the wall with his phone, probably texting someone.

Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck walked at Mark, kicking him by the leg, "hey Mark" he said, annoyed.

Mark only grinned while his eyes still glued on his phone.

"I thought we were going to do something?" He asked.

Mark shot his head up and widened his eyes but then he switched to a calm expression afterwards, "eh..I got tired and I have to meet someone tonight too, sorry baby" Mark said and kissed Donghyuck's forehead which caused the younger to blush.

"Oh...then I should go home-"

"Wait! What do you want for your birthday by the way?"

'He remembers' Donghyuck thought, screaming internally.

"Anything" he simply answered, waving at Mark.

"Really?...okay" Mark smiled.

"Okay, well I'll just go home for now," Donghyuck smiled and was about to kiss Mark on the cheek but the older evaded, he felt embarrassed but he thought of a way to cover what he trying to do, "you had a leaf at the back of your hair" Donghyuck lied, brushing the back of Mark's hair.

Donghyuck walked out of school in confusion, why was Mark acting this way? Wasn't he being so sweet earlier?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Isn't that surprising? Donghyuck talks to himself now" Jaemin came inside Donghyuck's room with his arms crossed.

"Shut it, Jaemin. I'm so done with life right now" The tanned male said.

"You see that Hyuck?" Jaemin sat down on his bed, "You literally look like a complete idiot awhile ago" he said and rolled his eyes, "i'm telling you to be careful Donghyuck, all those kissings you guys have been doing and those holding hands shit might not be real, you do know it's just for acting, right? And Hyuck, as your best friend, i'm really scared for you"

Donghyuck got up and faced Jaemin with a confused face, "What do you mean?"

"you do know that you are in a fake relationship with Kang Mina's boyfriend, right? And you do know that by the end of the day, he won't be yours and you won't be his because Mina is still there, sipping her red wine while she waits for Mark to come back to him, So stop hoping too much that you will replace Mina when you are just a temporary partner" Jaemin explained, he's trying to save Donghyuck from whatever will happen in the future.

"But Jaemin," Donghyuck looked down then looked up at Jaemin again with teary eyes, "I like him" he said, his voice cracking.

Instead of feeling pity for his best friend, Jaemin became worried. This is bad news, and he can't wait to tell Jeno about it. (A:N lmfao)

Hugging Donghyuck, Jaemin caressed his back in circles and placed his chin on the crook of his neck, "oh hun, don't worry," he cupped his face, "i'm sure you'll find someone better than Mark Lee"

That line hurts for Donghyuck, he couldn't believe that Jaemin would say that to him, he really likes Mark and he wants to try to convince Mark to just stay with him and leave Mina. But what if what Jaemin said is true?

Prepare y'all 'cause next chapter is the party :)