18: Cry for me

Today is finally Donghyuck's birthday and also the party at their schoolmate's house

Today is finally Donghyuck's birthday and also the party at their schoolmate's house. To be honest he was nervous going to school knowing once he goes inside the classroom, his classmates will bombard him with a thousand happy birthdays and probably confetti.

Waking up with a happy mood, Donghyuck was immediately greeted by Jaemin who's face had a face mask on and his hair tied up into a tree, both boys freshened up before going to school and ate breakfast together, they discussed what time they'll go to the party and who's going to pay for their ride going there. At the end, Jaemin said that Jeno is volunteering to take the both of them there.

When both boys arrived at school, it was obvious. Donghyuck got a lot of happy stares and greetings which made him happy but one guy will complete his happiness and we all know who that is.

Walking inside the classroom more people greeted him and surprisingly he was right, there was confetti exploding when he came inside the room. He thanked everyone and then scanned everywhere to find Mark only to find out he's not there.

'Maybe he is just late' he thought.

He checked on his phone to see messages blaring happy birthdays and voicemails from his old friends, he thanked each and everyone but someone was still missing...and it's Mark.

He frowned but still remained patient, he let the hours go until Mark would finally at least message him.

As those hours passed, he noticed that Mark never came to school, including Mina...

Donghyuck feels something is off and it's making his heart thump stronger.

"Are you okay?" Jaemin asked, swiping his lip gloss on his lips.

Coming back to reality, Donghyuck nodded and fixed his hair, "i'm...fine,"

Jaemin knows he is really not, he looks at Donghyuck's eyes carefully and he already knows that Donghyuck is looking for Mark.

He has a bad feeling about this, he bets that this whole day won't be pretty.

"Hey, donghyuck" Jaemin went near the tanned male and placed a bit of gloss on his lips, "happy birthday by the way" he said and giggled.

Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck spreaded the gloss around his lips and closed his bags, "thank you...again"

"You ready?" Jaemin asked, holding the other's hand.

"Yeah" Donghyuck took a deep breath and walked with Jaemin to the parking lot where Jeno was waiting for them.

Arriving at the lot, Jeno waved at Donghyuck, "Happy Birthday, hyuck!" He greeted and opened the door for both boys, Donghyuck thanked them and sat down in the car.