Chapter 59 [~|~] The Blind Bandit

A.N. So here's the first half of The Blind Bandit episode. The second half should be up by tomorrow night! Thanks to everyone who's read, voted, and commented so far!

Azara sighed as Sokka continued to debate over whether to buy the large Earth Kingdom bag, which was sat on a grand podium in the middle of a store. "It's pricey . . . but I do like it," Sokka contemplated, rubbing his chin inquisitively.

"Then you should get it, you deserve something nice," Azara sighed, hoping to wrap up this shopping trip sooner rather than later. Aang had already given up and was sitting on the ground waiting for Sokka to come up with a decision.

"I do, don't I?" Sokka agreed, before huffing as he turned back to the bag. "But, no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't." Aang and Katara walked off, tired of the conversation and back-and-forth. Azara was about to follow after them when Sokka changed his mind. "You know what? I'm going to get it!" Azara chuckled to herself, shaking her head lightly as she leaned on the doorframe of the store while Sokka paid for the bag.

When he returned, bag draped over his shoulder, they walked out of the store and over to Aang and Katara, who were scrutinizing a flyer. "What's that?" Azara asked, peering over Katara's shoulder, and reading the description.

"An earthbending academy," Aang supplied, flipping the flyer over. "Look! There's a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free!"

"Who knows? Maybe this Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher you've been looking for," Katara shrugged as Azara nodded.

"I mean, worst comes to worst, you get a free earthbending lesson and we just move onto the next village," Azara agreed, staring down at the location written on the flier. "I think I remember passing that on our way into town."

"Alright, let's go," Aang smiled, rolling up the flier and tucking it into his pocket before hurrying down the street towards the earthbending academy. Katara walked slightly ahead of Sokka and Azara, leaving the two of them some space. They walked along silently, neither fully prepared to discuss the events that transpired at Chin Village yet.

"So, do you really think this is Aang's supposed earthbending master?" Sokka asked as Momo peaked his head out of Sokka's bag. Azara shrugged, glancing up at the buildings they passed by.

"Probably not, no," Azara sighed as they walked along. "But we have to start somewhere."

"Well, at least the search for his firebending master will be a little easier," Sokka teased as they turned a corner and walked towards the edge of town.

"Aang's still a way off from being ready to handle firebending," Azara replied, glancing over at Katara, and remembering the incident with Jeong Jeong earlier that year. "I don't think he's quite over hurting your sister."

"It was weeks ago," Sokka shrugged, both glad that Aang would be more cautious in the future, but also concerned that he would never be able to move past the event.

"Yeah, but . . . it's hard to accept that you hurt someone you care about," Azara spoke, looking up at Sokka as she spoke. "If I hurt any of you guys, I wouldn't forgive myself easily either."

"But you're always so in control of your firebending. Maybe all he needs to do is a free lesson from Master Azara," Sokka joked, sending Azara a reassuring smile as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Sokka," Azara smiled, stopping in her tracks, and turning to Sokka. He stopped as well, and she could feel him getting closer to her. She held her breath for a moment, until a random man jumped out at them.