Epilogue

A.N. So, here's the epilogue!

As I said before, there's two parts to it. I decided to have one part with children and one without in case people didn't like reading about pregnancy and babies and stuff. The second part has its own separate warning, so please read it before proceeding.

Also, just a general statement for this whole chapter: all characters have reached adulthood/legal age of consent (whatever that is wherever you are or your own comfort level). As such,

Warning: there are suggestive themes, crude humor, and implied/referenced sexual content, but there's nothing actually explicit.

Epilogue (Part 1)

A.N. I wrote this while listening to "Yellow" (Katherine Ho version from Crazy Rich Asians) . . . hint hint. Also, I just fucking love that movie and the music.

I personally set this part around 4-5 years after the finale, which would put Sokka around 19/20 and Azara around 18/19.

Azara yawned as she sat up in bed, stretching out for the day. Slipping out of bed, she pulled her robe around herself before making her way out to the balcony as she normally did. She enjoyed the morning sunshine for a moment before the sound of a squawk interrupted her. A messenger hawk landed beside her, causing Azara to perk up.

"Hey, Hawkey Jr. How're you?" she cooed, scratching his head, before taking out the message from his pack. Unfurling the small scroll, Azara eagerly read over the note before her shoulders quickly sagged. She reread note again, hoping that she had misread it, before sighing, lowering her head.

My Princess,

The negotiations are taking longer than expected. I probably won't be able to leave for a few more days. I know we had that vacation to Ember Island planned, but we might have to reschedule. I'll keep you updated. I love you.

-Your Cactus Brain

"He's going to be late, Hawkey Jr.," she mumbled sadly, the bird nudging her back in response. "It's alright, buddy, we knew it was going to be tentative anyways. Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

Azara dressed for the day before heading down the hall to the Fire Lord's private dining room. Zuko and Uncle were already sitting, discussing something about the agricultural yields, as Azara flopped onto one of the free chairs.

"What's got you in a bad mood this early in the morning?" Zuko asked, raising an eyebrow at his younger sister.

"Sokka's going to be delayed. Something about negotiations going awry," Azara replied, ripping off a piece of meat for Hawkey Jr. before turning back to her breakfast.

"I know what will perk you up," Iroh stated, causing Zuko and Azara to turn to him. "There's this new tea I'm trying out. Why don't you have some?" Iroh pushed a cup over to Azara, who stared down at it for a minute. "It's supposed to have benefits for your immune system as well."

"Alright," Azara conceded, bringing the cup to her lips. It certainly wasn't the worst tea that she'd ever had, but she wouldn't go so far as to say she liked it. However, the bright look in Uncle's eye convinced her to finish it, albeit begrudgingly.

"So, what do you have planned for today then?" Zuko questioned as Azara set down the cup.

"Well, it's my weekly visit with Azula. Then I have some paperwork to do. Maybe I'll take Sola out for a longer flight. Her wings are growing stronger."