Chapter 60 [~|~] Joining the Team

The next morning, they returned to town to look for The Blind Bandit, or rather her real-life self. "I've got to admit, now I'm really glad I bought this bag. It matches the belt, perfectly," Sokka smiled, causing Azara to huff playfully.

"Thank Spirits, I was so worried," she replied sarcastically, but Sokka was too caught up in his pride to notice her sarcasm.

"If we want to find the Blind Bandit, the earthbending academy is a great place to start," Aang stated before leading the way through the village. As they entered the earthbending academy, Azara saw the same two boys from the day before practicing with some pots of sand. At the sound of their footsteps, the two boys looked up, unamused at the intrusion.

"Oh great, you again," one of them scoffed until Katara leaned forwards threateningly. The two boys jumped back in fear.

"Yeah, I didn't think so."

"Nicely done," Azara smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hey! You're that kid who beat The Blind Bandit!" one of the boys realized, pointing at Aang.

"We need to talk to her. Do you guys know where she lives?" Aang questioned, looking between the two students.

"The Blind Bandit's a mystery. She shows up to fight, then disappears," one of the students replied dramatically, waving his arms about.

"Let me handle this," Katara comforted Aang, who looked disheartened, before stepping forwards. "You're not telling us everything!" She pointed a finger threateningly at the two boys, who recoiled in fear again.

"No, no, I-I swear it's true. No one knows where she goes, or who she really is," the other student stammered out, his friend hiding behind him.

"That's because we're asking about the wrong person. In my vision, I saw a girl, in a white dress, with a pet flying boar. Know anybody like that?" Aang listed, causing the two boys to look at each other.

"Well, a flying boar is the symbol of the Beifong family. They're the richest people in town. Probably the whole world."

"Yeah, but they don't have a daughter," the other student added, peeking out from behind his friend for a moment.

"A flying boar is good enough for me. Let's check it out!" Aang decided, before leading the way out of the academy.

"Yeah, you better leave," one of the students sneered quietly, his eyes narrowed.

"Hey, I got my eye on you," Katara warned, glancing back at them threateningly.

"Water Tribe," Sokka smirked, arms held out, before sliding out of the academy.

The group walked back through town towards the Beifong estate, a sprawling compound on one of the nearby hills. As they walked up to the Beifong residence, Aang smiled at the sight of the flying boar symbol above the doorframe. "That's the flying boar from my vision! Come on!" Aang called, before leading the way into the compound.

They snuck into one of the courtyards, jumping over a wall, and landing silently on the trimmed grass. As they hid behind some bushes, the ground below them erupted and launched them into the air, causing the group to yell out in surprise. Katara and Azara landed side by side in a bush, with Aang landing in an adjacent bush, and Sokka landing painfully on the ground on his stomach.

"What are you doing here, Twinkle Toes?" The Blind Bandit asked, appearing suddenly and standing over Aang.

"How did you know it was me?" Aang replied, looking confused up at her.