Chapter 94 [~|~] The Day of Black Sun (Part 1: The Invasion)

A.N. I had some extra time and motivation, so I decided to just publish what I have before my personal life gets hectic for a bit and I don't have time to update. This update will have four chapters: the two Day of Black Sun episodes, the Western Air Temple episode, and an OC chapter. There will be a bit of skipping around scenes in the canon chapters.

Hope you guys enjoy and thanks for voting, commenting, and reading my work! Would definitely not have made it this far without your support!

Sokka stared down at the map in front of him, studying it intensely. Beside the map sat a pile of notes, Azara's notes, for the invasion. He worked through her notes for the thousandth time, trying to match them up with the markings on the map. Katara walked over, nudged him, and handed him a cup of tea. Sokka shot his sister a small smile, before turning back to the map.

Aang jumped over and Momo hurried to perch up on his shoulder. "Top of the morning, Momo!"

"Sounds like you slept well," Katara spoke as she got to her feet, placing her hands on her hips.

"Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord," Aang assured Katara, getting into a fighting stance.

"So, what's your strategy for taking him down? Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" Toph asked, punching the air with a smirk on her face.

"I can't," Aang sighed, staring at the ground. "When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space," Toph replied after a moment, looking bored.

Katara glanced at the ocean, before becoming concerned. "Oh, no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" Katara asked her brother, who walked over. Sokka stared at the fog for a moment, before smiling widely.

"No. That is the invasion!" Sokka pointed out as Southern Water Tribe boats appeared from within the mist.

Toph and Aang worked together to form docks for the approaching ships as Katara and Sokka ran to greet their father. "You made it, Dad!" Katara beamed, hurrying to embrace him.

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked, standing behind his sister.

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the 'warrior type,'" Hakoda replied, glancing over at some of the swamp benders.

"Oooh-whee! This place ain't nothing like a swamp!" Due exclaimed as he walked down the plank. "What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap waiting to eat ya?" he asked, jumping up and pointing at a rock.

"It's just a rock, Due," Tho sighed in a deadpan.

"Well, I'll be!"

"Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf-hat?" Hakoda sighed, looking rather exasperated.

"I just wish they would wear pants," Bato huffed, stopping beside Sokka.

"Pants are an illusion, and so is death," Huu replied, scratching his stomach. Sokka grinned widely as Hakoda, Katara, and Bato looked rather concerned at his statement.

"We also picked up a few extras along the way," Bato added, diverting the conversation away from the swamp benders.

"A few extras?" Katara questioned as two more Water Tribe ships with slightly different designs sailed into the harbor.