(Book 3) Chapter 82 [~|~] Talking to the Moon

A.N. Happy New Years everyone! As I said before, this isn't an abandoned story, I'm just cycling through mental health shit, lack of inspiration, and trying to deal with my actual life. But I had a few chapters done so hope you guys enjoy them!

Also, on a more serious note, I've seen two cases of this story being posted on other sites without my permission and I just want to say that THIS IS THE ONLY WEBSITE I'M POSTING THIS STORY ON. ANY OTHER COPY OF THIS STORY IS STOLEN AND SHOULD BE REPORTED. IF I EVENTUALLY CROSSPOST THIS ON ANOTHER SITE, I WILL NOTE THAT IN THE DESCRIPTION.

Now, please enjoy the Book 3 chapters that I've managed to summon the inspiration to actually write! I wrote this whole chapter to "Talking to the Moon" by Bruno Mars (slowed + reverb) if anyone was interested in setting the mood.

Sokka walked through the Earth Kingdom Palace, which was empty except for himself. He didn't know where he was going, only that his feet seemed to choose a path for him all on their own. As he walked through a set of grand doors, he found himself standing above a courtyard. Glancing around the space, Sokka's eyes fell on a familiar figure, who was standing alone in front of a fountain.

Tears filled his eyes as the figure spun around, her red painted lips curving into a wide smile as the moonlight reflected off her bright gold irises. "Azara," he breathed out as she waved up at him, the night breeze fluttering through her long dark hair.

"There you are," she giggled as Sokka turned to sprint down the stairs. Reaching her side, Sokka pulled her to his chest and into a crushing hug. Azara wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he buried his face into her long hair. "What's up with you?" she teased, rubbing his back soothingly.

Pulling back for a moment, Sokka cupped her cheeks with his hands, searching for any sign of harm or pain on her face. "You . . . I thought . . . you were," Sokka stammered out as Azara tilted her head to the side, her smile lowering as she stared up at him in worry.

Lifting a lone finger to Sokka's lips, Azara applied light pressure, which stopped his ramblings. "Shh, I'm here, Sokka. I'm right here," she whispered out, reaching up to caress his cheek, and wiping a tear away with the pad of her thumb. "I love you, Sokka."

"I love you too, Azara."

Sokka leaned down, crashing their lips together as he wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her tightly against himself. His other hand slid up to her hair as Azara held his face with her hands, smiling contentedly into their kiss. He pulled away after a moment, a wide smile on his face and a thousand words on the tip of his tongue.

But the smile dropped from his lips, shattering on the floor, as he stared in front of him. Azara had disappeared. Slipped straight from his arms.

Whipping around, Sokka looked frantically for any sign of her. "Azara? Azara!" he called, his heart starting to beat out of his chest. "Azara!"

"Sokka!" he heard from behind him. Spinning around, Sokka peered into the shadows for any sign of his girlfriend.

"Azara?!" he yelled again, running towards the shadows. The sound of a sharp scream piercing the air caused him to quicken his pace, running desperately into the darkness. "Azara!" Sokka screamed at the top of his lungs before he was thrown back suddenly.

Grunting as he landed on his back, Sokka rolled onto his side as Azula and Zuko, who was wearing his old ponytail, stepped out of the shadows. The two siblings wore similar glares as they set their sights on him. While Azula smirked cruelly down at him, Zuko snarled, his fists clenched at his sides.