Chapter 102 [~|~] The Boiling Rock (Part 1)

A.N. What? Another update? Making it three days in a row? My publishing schedule is either a hiatus for six months where no one hears from me or churning out chapters like there is no tomorrow. There is no in between. 

Here's the start of the Boiling Rock episodes! Some good old future brothers-in-law bonding time straight ahead.

Azara curled up into Sokka's side as they laid in bed together, her head resting on his chest. She could feel herself start to fall asleep, Sokka's thumb rubbing circles on her back gently lulling her. But before she could actually fall asleep, Sokka spoke up suddenly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. What is it?" Azara asked, sitting up slightly so she could see Sokka's face.

"If someone was captured by the Fire Nation . . .where would they be taken?" Sokka questioned. Azara stared up at him with concern.

"Where is this coming from?" she murmured, pushing herself up more.

"Nothing. I was just curious."

Azara raised an eyebrow at his insistence before reaching out and cupping one of his cheeks with her hand. "Sokka, you know you can tell me anything."

Sokka sighed, lowering his head slightly. "I'm just worried about my dad. And the other invasion forces." Azara's eyes widened in realization, before she nodded sympathetically.

"I'm sorry. You know that I'm here for you if you want to talk about it."

"I know," Sokka nodded, pressing a kiss to the palm of her hand. "But you've got enough on your plate as it is. I don't want to worry you."

"I'll worry no matter what," Azara reminded him with a small smile. "But seriously, you can talk to me about it. I don't want you to feel that this whole relationship is you emotionally supporting me and me never doing the same for you."

Sokka smiled and nodded before sliding back down onto the bed. "Let's just go to sleep. I'm probably just tired from this week," he suggested, pulling her gently down with him.

"Alright," she conceded, laying down once more.

She was completely aware that Sokka was just avoiding the discussion that he clearly wanted to have to spare her some additional stress. She was worried about him, but she knew better than to push him too hard on it. At least, not yet. Besides, knowing Sokka, she knew she wouldn't have to wait too long before finding out what was bothering him.

Leaning over, she pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you. You know that, right?"

"I know. I love you too."

Azara resumed her position with her head on his chest. Sokka wrapped his arm around her waist, gently rubbing circles into her hips with his thumb. As Azara drifted off to sleep, Sokka stared out the window, his mind clearly elsewhere for the moment.

The next day passed uneventfully. It was Azara's turn to lead firebending practice with Aang. She had suggested to Zuko that he use his free time to bond with the other teenagers. They were all slowly warming up to Zuko, well everyone except for Katara, but Azara reminded Zuko that he didn't have to win her over completely. They just had to coexist.

The sun had started to set when Aang and Azara walked over to the fire, where Zuko was busy brewing tea for everyone. Azara took a seat next to Sokka, pressing a greeting kiss to his cheek, before turning to Zuko.