Chapter 15 [~|~] Avatar Roku

As Katara, Sokka, and Azara discussed their supplies with the village leader, Aang attempted to sneak out on Appa behind them. "Get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Aang yelled at Appa before tugging on his reins again. Appa, however, refused to budge.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something," Sokka commented as they walked over.

"Please don't go Aang. The world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation. Neither can I," Katara called softly as Aang looked away.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means! I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!" Aang airbended himself on top of Appa's head, leading him towards the edge of the village before Katara, Sokka, and Azara ran out in front of him.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang," Katara stated firmly as Azara started to smile, standing up fully.

"At least, not without us."

"We got your back," Sokka added as Appa walked forwards, licking Sokka in appreciation. "Ew!" Sokka complained as he stared down at the saliva. They hurried to pack their supplies, thanking the villagers for the supplies, before taking off for Crescent Island. Azara sat at the front of the saddle, directing Aang on where to fly to reach Crescent Island.

"The Fire Nation border should be soon," Azara stated, glancing at the open ocean.

"How will we know?" Katara asked, looking up at Azara.

"Oh, you'll know. Can't miss it," Azara sighed, staring ahead at the open ocean.

"Aang, we've got trouble!" Katara called out, pointing at the Fire Nation ship behind them.

"Yeah! And it's gaining fast!" Sokka added as Azara ran to the back of the saddle, staring down at her brother's ship.

"Zuko wouldn't be dumb enough to return to the Fire Nation . . . right?" she questioned herself, knowing that Uncle was probably berating him as she thought. The sound of a fireball flying through the air broke Azara out of her thoughts.

"Fireball!"

"I'm on it!" Aang yelled back, pulling Appa to the side. The fireball flew by, dropping into the water harmlessly. The stench, however, stayed in the air.

"We have to get out of Zuko's range, before he shoots another hot stinker at us!" Katara warned, holding her nose.

"Can't you make Appa go any faster?" Sokka asked, moving up to the front of the saddle.

"Yeah. But there's one problem," Aang responded as Azara turned around, her eyes widening at the blockade protecting the Fire Nation.

"That would be the border," she pointed out, her stomach filling with dread at the sight of it. She hadn't been home since Zuko had been banished, and now she was returning as a traitor.

"If we fly north, we can go around the Fire Nation ships and avoid the blockade! It's the only way," Aang suggested, turning around. Azara shook her head.

"There's not enough time. We have to run it."

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to come! It's too dangerous!" Aang retorted, gripping Appa's reins harder.

"And that's exactly why we're here."

"Let's run this blockade!" Sokka stated, sounding confident despite the situation. Aang flicked Appa's reins once more, the flying bison increasing his speed. As they neared the blockade, the ships launched a series of fireballs into the air. Azara hurried to latch onto Appa's saddle as the flying bison bucked at the explosion in front of him.