Chapter 6 [~|~] The Warriors of Kyoshi

Azara stared out at the open ocean, a bored expression on her face. After leaving the Southern Air Temple, they had crisscrossed around the southern isles of the Earth Kingdom in search of the island where the elephant koi lived. Katara was repairing Sokka's pants, which Azara was not even sure how he had ripped in the first place. Azara flopped onto her back and stared up at the sun. Despite the fact they were still fairly south, Azara closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth the sun provided her.

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka sighed as he stared at the map.

"Well, I know it's near water," Aang replied as Sokka looked out at the water.

"I guess we're getting close then," Sokka huffed sarcastically as they continued to fly over open ocean with no sight of land.

"Hey Katara, check out this airbending trick!" Aang exclaimed, causing Azara to crack an eyelid open. Aang was airbending two marbles in a circle between his hands, a wide and proud smile on his face.

"That's great, Aang," Katara murmured, not looking up from her sewing. Azara glanced back at Aang, catching his crestfallen expression.

"You didn't even look," Aang pointed out, ending his trick, and lowering his arms. Katara looked up from her sewing and shot Aang a small smile.

"That's great!" Katara repeated, but Aang continued to look disappointed.

"But I'm not doing it now," Aang remarked quietly.

"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing," Sokka interjected, resting his head on his crossed arms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Azara asked, sitting up, a challenging expression on her face.

"Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that," Sokka explained, causing Katara and Azara to shoot him deadly glares. "It's the natural order of things."

"Fighting you say?" Azara scoffed, turning to face Sokka fully. "Then a big strong warrior, such as yourself, wouldn't be scared of a little duel between us? Loser gets thrown off the side," Azara snapped in a deadly tone, Sokka noticeably stiffening as a bead of sweat dripped down the side of his head.

"All done with your pants! And look what a great job I did!" Katara replied sarcastically, tossing Sokka's still ripped pants back at him.

"Wait! I was just kidding! I can't wear these, Katara, please!" Sokka pleaded, his hand fitting through the hole.

"Relax, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants," Aang interrupted, turning towards the land mass that they were approaching. The crescent shaped island seemed quaint as Aang landed Appa near the shore. Hopping off Appa, Azara looked around at the foliage and snow decorating the landscape.

"We just stopped yesterday. At this rate we'll never reach the North Pole," Azara sighed as Katara stood next to her.

"Azara's right, Aang. We should keep moving before we set up camp," Katara spoke, moving to stand by Aang on the shore.

"But Appa's tired, aren't you boy?" Aang smiled up at his flying bison, as Appa let out a light grunt. "I said, aren't you boy?" Aang repeated, as Appa opened his mouth to let out a louder grunt.

"Yeah, that was really convincing," Sokka muttered sarcastically. "Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster." Aang ran to the shore as large fish breeched and swam through the bay, his companion's eyes widening in surprise.