Chapter 28 [~|~] The Fortuneteller

A.N. Sorry for the delay! My internet has been out for the last few days, so I was unable to post the new chapters,  but I hope you enjoy them!

Azara looked up from the fire as she heard loud splashing coming from the river. She spotted a fish that was continuously jumping out of the water and wiggling in the air. "He's taunting us!" Sokka snapped, snatching up his fishing pole and running to the river. "You're so going to be dinner!" Swinging his fishing pole, Sokka let out a disgruntled noise when he realized there was no line on the pole. "What happened to my fishing line?"

"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka," Aang replied, holding up a necklace made out the fishing line. A small reddish pink flower was placed in the center of the woven band. Azara had to admit that she was fairly impressed by Aang's weaving abilities.

"Aw, it's all tangled!" Sokka whined, walking over, and looking upset.

"Not tangled. Woven! I made you a necklace, Katara. I thought since you lost your other one . . ." Aang smiled as he held up the woven necklace, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"Thanks, Aang. I love it!" Katara praised, walking off to put on the necklace.

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry-making business," Sokka huffed, still sounding annoyed that Aang had taken his fishing line.

"I don't see why I can't do both," Aang shrugged as Katara walked back over.

"Stop taunting me!" Sokka snapped, turning back to the fish.

"So, how do I look?" Katara asked, posing with a hand lightly touching the necklace. Azara glanced over at Aang, hiding a chuckle at his dumbstruck expression.

"You mean all of you, or just your neck?" Aang stuttered out, causing Azara to smile at him, finding his poorly concealed crush on Katara to be both amusing and adorable. 

"Smoochie, smoochie, someone's in love," Sokka teased, causing Aang to flush red. Azara watched as Sokka made kissing gestures at the fish, who wiggled out of his grasp and smacked him across the face before diving back into the water.

"Serves you right for teasing Aang," Azara commented, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka. Aang's just a good friend. A sweet little guy, just like Momo," Katara continued, causing Aang to wince and hang his head. Katara walked off as Azara placed a hand on Aang's shoulder.

"Hey, it's ok. She liked the necklace," Azara spoke, trying to cheer up Aang. "It was really sweet, Aang, I'm sure she's thankful." Before Aang could respond, a loud roar shook the forest.

Running through the thicket, Azara spotted a man being attacked by a platypus bear. Instead of freaking out, the man calmly dodged the swings. "What are you doing? You have to get away!" Azara shouted, waving her arms frantically.

"Oh, it's no trouble, no trouble at all," the man replied calmly, dodging another swing. The man ignored the other suggestions the group yelled at him until Aang jumped in front of the man. The platypus bear was about to attack when Appa walked up behind it. Roaring, Appa startled the platypus bear, who laid an egg before scampering off.

Sokka ran forwards, scooping up the egg into his arms. "Mmm, lunch!" Sokka held the egg to his chest before turning to the calm man. "Lucky for you, we came along."