#ㅤㅤ⁰³. lupus non timet canem latrantem.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗅𝗎𝗉𝗎𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗍
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝖼𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗆 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗆.

▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒, in fact, looking for her during those last two days. Hisirdoux ratted her out (of course he did) and the entire castle ━or, at least, the people who knew of Sol's existence━ had been paranoid about her disappearance.

ㅤㅤㅤSolaomoni was embarrassed for three reasons; the first one was the fact that she'd been caught ere she even started to plan her escape, the second was because she had been caught by her own mistake of being noisy during her fight with the crow who ate her only friend (rest in peace, ᚳᚨᛋᛕᚨ!), and the third was that she was glad to have been caught because she was fed like never before as soon as Merlin was told how hungry she was.

ㅤㅤㅤHe didn't tell anyone where she had been, instead lying about how she lost herself in the castle while searching for a bathroom and got stuck on the top of one of the towers.

ㅤㅤㅤIt was a stupid, unreasonable lie, but most believed in it, and the ones who didn't did not dare to question Merlin.

ㅤㅤㅤHisirdoux was one of the people who didn't believe it, and he made sure Sol knew of his distrust every time they crossed paths, but not when Merlin was around ━the two-faced apprentice was at least slightly smart, it seemed━. She'd be lying if she said she didn't feel offended by his behavior towards her when she had seen him be nice to everyone else.

ㅤㅤㅤBut that wasn't important at the moment; the important thing was that she'd been caught, and there were consequences.

ㅤㅤㅤNow, Sol had to sleep with chains on her left ankle, stuck to her bed by Merlin.

ㅤㅤㅤIt was cruel. So, so cruel.

ㅤㅤㅤNot only had she been denied basic decency, but the only piece of freedom she had was taken from her by her own mistake━ again.

ㅤㅤㅤFrom what Merlin had told her, the king was furious because of her attempt at escaping ━not that she cared, truly, but she did depend on the king's approval to go home, therefore Sol needed to remain on his good side━, and so Merlin had to convince him to let her stay out of the chambers with the reassurance that he would personally check for her all the time, including the time she was to lay down to sleep.

ㅤㅤㅤOutrageous, Sol thought as her eyes burned, but refused to let a single tear fall onto a pillow that was very much more uncomfortable than her own back at home.

ㅤㅤㅤEven after all of that, she was still fearless. Sol would remain fearless, no matter what; she promised herself that.

ㅤㅤㅤ'To show fear is to lose a fight.' she was told by her family. Solaomoni did not like to lose fights.

ㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤ𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃, even if it was a fake apprenticeship. Solaomoni━ well, Solamon had to get used to walking around like a fool because there was just so much to get done.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Go get me this!" Merlin demanded, "Go get me that!" he asked right after, "Go collect me things!" the wizard screamed, "Go clean my tables!" he finished off with a wave of his hand.