#ㅤㅤ²⁰. mirabile dictu.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗆𝗂𝗋𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗅𝖾 𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗎.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤSOLAMON WAS NOT very used to balls, the king wished to throw ond before a big event as a welcome for the people from far when they came for the principal event, to which she knew nothing about.

ㅤㅤㅤIt was no surprise that the king prohibited her presence there, scared that any of the guests would accidentally see her true nature. It offended her when Merlin told her the reason she couldn't come with him and Hisirdoux to the ball, but she didn't felt the urge to participate the event anyway, so it didn't really bother the fairy.

ㅤㅤㅤIt was truly boring to be alone in the castle, the guards where her only company at that moment. She could hear the music from far and wondered if Hisirdoux was playing, she didn't knew any other musicians in Camelot, after all.

ㅤㅤㅤSol wondered if Morgana would be at the ball or if her presence to the king was a nuisance too, enough that he wouldn't even bother to ask the witch to be there. Izzet really wanted to go and check for any evidence that Morgana was planning to betray the king, but she quickly changed her mind, surely it would take longer for the witch to plan such a big thing, Sol supposed she still had time.

ㅤㅤㅤWhen she arrived at her room, she was quick to open the window and climb on the top of the stone wall. When she was near the roof, she removed the wing protection from her back with one hand and flew up to stand in the tilling.

ㅤㅤㅤThe corner towers had a poor vision of where she was, so she could walk around the roof with no worries of being seen with her wings out; it was comfortable to finally take of the wing protection for more than some minutes.

ㅤㅤㅤAjusting the skirt of her simple red dress, Sol sat at the edge of the roof and sighed, swinging her legs as she watched the stars blink back at her from the sky, painted in the darkest blue she had ever seen.

ㅤㅤㅤA short scream of surprise from under the place she sat destroyed the peace of the moment, the non-human girl raised herself from the tilling by flying before she stood upside down to spy down the roofing. The false apprentice was met with shocked hazel eyes she learned to like very much.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oh. Hello there." Solamon smiled, speaking softly with her friend.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Wh- how did you get there?!" Hisirdoux frowned, Sol only sighed in response, pointing to her very apparent wings, which she was only using to balance herself upside down.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that..." he murmured, embarrassed, before watching as the fairy returned to the roof, he could see her feet and part of her long skirt hanging from his window when she sat.

ㅤㅤㅤThe girl was confused when she heard grunting from beneath her feet and gasped when a thin hand appeared there trying to hold the edge of the roof. She laughed slightly at Hisirdoux's lack of climbing skills before she helped him up.

ㅤㅤㅤBreathing heavily from all the effort done to get up there, the boy sat by the fairy's side and smiled at her.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Why aren't you at the ball? Merlin told me you two would be there." she asked silently, still scared that the guards roaming around the castle could hear them.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I wish I was there, but I forgot to practice a spell Merlin wanted me to show him tomorrow." he shrugged, sighing before lying down lazily.

ㅤㅤㅤThe non-human girl hesitated before she laid down along with him, she could see from the corner of her eyes that her friend tensed up for a moment.

ㅤㅤㅤSol secured her red hair in a ponytail before she turned her head to look at Hisirdoux. He was already looking at her, and smiled without thinking when she turned to him.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Please tell me you guys kissed." Claire interrupted, Solamon frowned at her and paused her movements right before she was about to punch the girl.

ㅤㅤㅤ"...Huh?" the fairy dodged a punch before kneeing Claire in the guts when she was still slightly bent to her side. The girl fell down in pain while holding her own stomach with both hands.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Why would we kiss?" Izzet kneeled by her friend's side to check on her before she was tackled to the ground by her apprentice. Claire laughed slightly in victory before she laid down to rest a little.

ㅤㅤㅤ"The scenario seems so romantic! I thought you two would kiss." she explained, Sol only rolled her eyes and stood up.

ㅤㅤㅤ"You are a hopeless romantic." she concluded, nodding to herself as she finally understood the trait she had read so many books before.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Maybe, but c'mon, you totally had a crush on him. You were smiling this whole time!" she pointed out before standing up with some effort because of the pain in her stomach.

ㅤㅤㅤ"You asked me for a good memory I have from Camelot, I told you a good memory, of course I would smile while remembering a good memory." she pointed out, trying not to pay attention to her burning cheeks as she repeated the same thing in her head to reassure herself that was the reason she was smiling before.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Look, I may not know a lot about fighting, but I'm pretty much a professional on romance. I was Juliet in our school play, I can tell you really liked him." she proudly said, raising her chin as she followed Sol inside the house.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Huh." Sol laughed at Claire's pride before she went up the stairs to her library, not minding her apprentice as she followed the fairy around.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Hmm... well, maybe I did." the fairy wondered while walking around the silent library, she quickly whistled to the crow, who sat in one of the pair of round tables, eating a piece of cloth. The bird looked up and flew to one of the bookcases after his familiar pointed to a specific book that was too high up for her to reach. He threw the book over to Sol and returned to the table.

ㅤㅤㅤClaire, unbothered by what the crow was eating, frowned at her lack of reaction to the romance she was trying to convince Solamon had nine-hundred years before.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Really? That's it? No big realization of your feelings?" she complained, sitting in one of the chairs as her teacher walked around, searching for a specific page on the book with no title in it's cover.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Claire, if there even were any feelings there, they're very much gone by now. I barely remember Hisirdoux's face, my dear. Though I do miss our friendship, I took too long to understand this type of feelings and now it's too late." she shrugged, making Claire a little sad of how much she didn't care about that kind of stuff. Noticing her change of expression, Sol felt slight pity and tried to make the girl feel better.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Don't be sad, I'm actually very glad I didn't explore this feelings more back then, I'm sure it would scare me a little and I didn't even had time for that, I was too busy being a prisioner." Sol handed the book to Claire and pointed at a certain drawing of a fairy in a fighting position she didn't recognized.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I want you to learn this position, we're going to train only in it tomorrow." Izzet explained before walking away from the table Claire sat at.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Ding dong." the crow whispered, making Sol frown; she didn't even hear the knock on the door.

ㅤㅤㅤIt had only been two hours since she got rid of Beatrice, she didn't expect the girl to come back so early. Solamon wondered if her broom was truly lost forever.

ㅤㅤㅤAs she opened the door with a frown, Beatrice smiled at her with a small cut in her left cheek and another missing front tooth. What surprised the girl was the fact that Beatrice was her height - Solamon was considerably tall, a consequence of being a fairy, so it was truly a surprise for her to meet someone as tall as her when the person could barely reach her waist only some hours before -.

ㅤㅤㅤLooking down, she found her broom being evolved by red glowing magic while Beatrice sat undisturbedly in it's flying broomstick.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I did it, miss Illentown!"