#ㅤㅤ⁰⁷. species decipit.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝗂𝗉𝗂𝗍.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤTHE NEXT DAY was more tranquil than Solamon was expecting it to be, on her way to Merlin's workshop for her magic lessons she saw Hisirdoux putting the books their master had used to do research back in place, the poor boy seemed exhausted of doing such a boring task; Sol felt bad for him, Merlin had given her much more exciting things to train and she was his apprentice for way less time than Hisirsoux was - of course, she couldn't blame herself for being born a magical creature and learning way faster, but still, the fairy couldn't help but feel bad -.

ㅤㅤㅤShe arrived to the workshop and entered without knocking - Sol had the bad habit of doing that, Merlin had scolded her multiple times for being so rude -, Sol was confused when she saw the old man talking to a younger woman while working on the amulet he had commented a few days before. The wizard seemed to finally notice the girl by the door and asked her to get closer.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Solamon, this is Morgana, she is the king's sister and one of my apprentices." he introduced the both of them, Morgana got closer to the girl and did an elongated bow, in which the fairy tried her best to replicate.

ㅤㅤㅤThey didn't say a word to each other, the woman continued to argue with Merlin about something Sol didn't understand. At some point, she was standing side by side to Morgana; the young apprentice was tense, something about that woman wasn't right and she didn't hide the fact that the princess's aura made her uncomfortable.

ㅤㅤㅤMorgana, however, seemed to admire the fairy's appearance, though she could see something inside the girl's dress that gave a weird volume to her back. She tried to ignore it, but it was hard to do so; it looked a lot like a corset, but it was too small to fit in anyone's waist. And then it moved. Slightly, but it did move, she saw it. In the end, Morgana gave in to the curiosity.

ㅤㅤㅤWithout any warning, Morgana pulled her wing protection, removing it as fast as she could to see what was hiding inside. As soon as Solamon could move her wings, she opened them to fly away from Morgana, hiding behind Merlin before putting her wings down again.

ㅤㅤㅤ"What in the world-" Morgana was in shock, she couldn't think straight for a minute.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Morgana. You cannot tell anyone what you just saw." Merlin warned, bringing Solamon's wing protection back to her with magic; the young girl hesitated, but hid her wings back inside the old corset, having some trouble trying to tie the strings back together.

ㅤㅤㅤ"By the Gods Merlin, you brought a magical creature inside the castle?! Does my brother knows about this?" she asked, worried for the fairy's safety.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Do not worry, he's the one who told me to keep her here, we need to know more about her kind, just to make sure they're not a threat to Camelot." he explained, putting a hand in Morgana's shoulders to try and calm her down.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Morgana, you have to keep her identity a secret. She will be put in great danger and the people will not trust me and your brother anymore if they know we are keeping a fairy inside the castle." Merlin continued.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Of course, I'll keep it a secret." she nodded, analyzing Solamon more carefully with her eyes.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Thank you-"

ㅤㅤㅤ"But only if I can study her." the woman crossed her arms, speaking in a confident tone.

ㅤㅤㅤ"...What?" both Merlin and Solamon asked at the same time, not so certain about her conditions.