#ㅤㅤ¹⁴. nemo nascitus sapiens, sed fit.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗇𝖾𝗆𝗈 𝗇𝖺𝗌𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗎𝗌 𝗌𝖺𝗉𝗂𝖾𝗇𝗌,
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗂𝗍.

ㅤㅤㅤMERLIN FOUND IT rather hard to guide a bunch of trolls around the earth, he could only hope that they would arrive in New Jersey soon. The trollhunter was as chaotic as a newborn troll - he was a teen with new strength and speed to test, after all, so Merlin couldn't exactly blame him for that -, so he and Blinkous Galadrigal were the ones who had to control and protect everyone.

ㅤㅤㅤPoor Claire wasn't very good at fighting, so she was always in care of cooking the food or taking care of the younger trolls, and she didn't seem to like her new job as a babysitter.

ㅤㅤㅤOne night after a shadow mephit attack, she had enough of just standing by and went for Merlin to ask for some help.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Hey, Merlin? I... I want to talk to you." she asked in a shy tone, playing with her fingers as she spoke.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Yes, dear Claire, what seems to be the problem?" he answered his favorite person out of all the noisy trolls that surrounded them. Merlin sat in a rock as he spoke, he was a little too old to be standing for so long, as soon as they stopped in the forest to make a camp for the night he used the opportunity to rest.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I want you to train me." she spoke with certainty in her voice, Merlin was very surprised to hear that and he didn't make it a secret. With wide eyes, the old wizard cleared his throat and found a comfortable position on the rock.

ㅤㅤㅤ"With... magic?" he asked, not sure of what she ment by that. Merlin supposed that if she was capable of wielding Morgana's staff, then she surely could do some magic, with enough training Claire could be a great witch.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oh, no! I-I don't even think I can do any magic without my shadow staff..." the black haired girl scratched the back of her head, smiling a bit while she pitied herself for not having her staff anymore.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I was talking about training me to battle! Like, hand to hand, you know?" she punched the air for times, changing turns with her hands, to try and show Merlin that she could do something, but her punches were slow and sloppy, he was quick to notice.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Well, I can't say I'm a good teacher when it comes to that, my dear. Why don't you ask the trollhunter or even Blinkous? They are more than capable of training you." Merlin pointed out, adjusting his staff on the ground so he could lean on it with no fear of falling.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Jim and Blinky refused to train me, they said they're 'too strong for me' or are 'scared that I'll hurt myself'. Even after I insisted for hours they didn't want to train me." the girl rolled her eyes as she spoke, crossing her arms as she became even more mad at how sensitive they took her as, even after she helped to detain the Eternal Night from happening.

ㅤㅤㅤMerlin sighed and frowned, trying to think of a solution for her problem; he wasn't fit to train her physique, maybe he could find someone else capable of doing it.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I'll see what I can do, dear Claire." his words were enough to put a smile on the girl's face, she left him alone after that, happy enough on how the conversation turned out.

ㅤㅤㅤIt would be a little hard to find someone good enough to train the teen, but maybe he could find someone to do the job.

ㅤㅤㅤJust as he was in the middle of listing people he could try to find to train Claire, a crow landed not so far away from the rock he was resting on. It looked odd, to say the least. The crow had many of his feathers up, as if constantly scared of his surroundings, and it's big eyes were not looking at the same direction.

ㅤㅤㅤ"MERLIN! MERLIN!" it screamed multiple times and Merlin stood up, alerted as it choked on something. The crow threw up a small crystal that the wizard couldn't recognize for the amount of arabesques around it, but he did saw the word "ቻልጠጎረጎልዪ" in it and became curious; Merlin knew that language very well, his old apprentice used to teach him everything about the Eriynx language.

ㅤㅤㅤThe crow seemed to sense his curiosity and turned the crystal around, the name "ነዐረልጠዐክ" was enough for Merlin to feel relief, he was more than happy to read that name again.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Is... is she alive? Is she well?" he approached the crow, who ate the crystal after Merlin was done reading it.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Yesyesyesyesyes very well, but lonely. So lonELYYYYYY!" the bird exaggerated, falling dramatically to the floor after he was done talking. As he opened his beak, the sound of a baby crying was heard, as if the crow was sad for the situation of his familiar.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oh my..." Merlin sighed, pitying the girl far from where he was, hiding from the rest of the world, he supposed.

ㅤㅤㅤThe old man thought for some time, the bird seemed to wait for him to give it orders. In a minute, Merlin had the solution for Solamon's loneliness and Claire's wish to be trained.

ㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤJim was the one left in charge for the night shift this time; he couldn't say he enjoyed doing that, it was pretty lonely being the only one awake during the night, but he wouldn't complain; as long as Claire and the others were getting enough rest, then it was alright for him.

ㅤㅤㅤNothing very interesting used to happen at night, just some stray animals running around or hunting for prey smaller than any of the trolls. Merlin was very good at finding safe spots to stay at night, but they could never be so sure it would be safe enough.

ㅤㅤㅤHe was only sad that night because Claire was mad at him for not wanting to train her; he couldn't blame her, but it was still a little hard for him to measure his strength, he could easily hurt her by accident.

ㅤㅤㅤSometimes Jim couldn't help but to wish he was still a human, it would be easier to live in a way he was already used to living like.

ㅤㅤㅤJust as he was beginning to get lost in thought, a sound in the darkness caught his attention. Jim raised the Eclipse sword and looked around carefully, he tried sniffing the scent of whatever was approaching them, but he could only feel the horrible smell of a-

ㅤㅤㅤA crow. That's what the sound was. It landed near him and analyzed his sword very carefully, as if curious. Jim smiled in relief and put his sword back in place before he could think of how odd it was to find crows in such a deserted area of the forest.

ㅤㅤㅤThe crow stared directly at the half troll, who only stared back with a confused expression, trying to fix his attention in only one of the crow's big and crossed eyes.

ㅤㅤㅤ"HERE! THEY ARE HEREEeEEEEeeeE!" it screamed loudly, it's screechy voice woke everyone up, Merlin appeared from the deep of the forest to check up on them, his face full of worry from the screaming; he sighed in relief after seeing the bird, but gulped to the thought that she had already arrived.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Calm down everyone, that's-" the wizard tried to explain, raising his hands to calm the trolls down, but Claire let out a scream in fear as she ran to stay behind Jim.

ㅤㅤㅤ"W-What is that?!" she pointed at something moving in the woods, it appeared quickly from the shadows and everyone gasped at it's only glowing eye.