#ㅤㅤ⁰⁴. dulce periculum.

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝖽𝗎𝗅𝖼𝖾 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗎𝗅𝗎𝗆.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤ 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐗 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄'𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅. Any sight of a shadow on the wall would make him flinch, and every sound behind the door would have him biting his lip in anxiety.

ㅤㅤㅤBehind him, he could hear Solamon placing a pile of books on top of a chair to be able to reach for the sulfur powder ━turns out Merlin did not have any gunpowder, but he did have the ingredients to make it━ on the top shelf━ the very one that was specifically prohibited from everyone but Merlin by the man himself.

ㅤㅤㅤ"This is a terrible idea. Terrible, horrible, crazy idea. Why did I agree with this again?" Hisirdoux placed his hand on his own forehead, sighing in distress.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Now you know how I feel with you and your stupid ideas." Archie rolled his eyes by his side, jumping on Merlin's table to lay down on top of his scrolls. Hisirdoux sent him a glare before glancing at Sol, who was standing on the tip of her toes to get the jar she was eyeing since they got in the workshop.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Solamon, do you have it already?"

ㅤㅤㅤ"Almost..."

ㅤㅤㅤ"You're taking way too long!"

ㅤㅤㅤ"Do you want to come here and take it yourself?!" she turned to him harshly while frowning. The pile of books she was standing on leaned to the side, making Sol look down wide-eyed and Hisirdoux move quickly to hold the pile in place. Sol tried to balance herself by holding onto the chair underneath all the books with one hand and Hisirdoux's shoulder with the other. She sighed in distress. This would've been much easier if she could use her wings. After a quick second, the pile stopped moving, and she carefully stood up again to reach for the jar again.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Just be careful..." Hisirdoux winced at the sight of Solamon stepping on one of Merlin's favorite books, he'd have to clean it before putting it back in place.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Okay." she nodded, too focused to give him another witty response. "Got it!"

ㅤㅤㅤSolamon pulled the jar with the tips of her fingers and hugged it close when it fell from the shelf.

ㅤㅤㅤ"What now?" the boy asks her as she opens the jar and takes some of the powder in her hands, looking around for a smaller container to put it in. In the end, Solamon simply puts the powder in the front pocket of her dress.

ㅤㅤㅤAt least human clothes are practical, she thought.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I need saltpeter and charcoal." she quickly places the jar back in place and pushes it back with both hands.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Oh, that's easy, then." Hisirdoux nods and goes to get the charcoal from a big barrel in the corner of the room. "How much?"

ㅤㅤㅤ"Only a few pieces should be enough." Sol jumps down the book pile, letting it fall behind her with the impulse she took. Hisirdoux grimaced at the sound, then glared at Solamon, who rolled her eyes.

ㅤㅤㅤ"How much is a few, exactly?" he asks, uncertain.

ㅤㅤㅤSolamon simply groans and turns to him, crossing her arms as she does so.