Chapter 13

When I told Embry about Damon the next day, he was furious.

"I'm gonna kill him!" he roared. I could see him shaking. "He even brought memories about Cody didn't he?"

I stayed quiet, but I knew that my silence would tell him yes. I didn't bring up Cody when I told him about the kiss. That part of our lives was supposed to be done and over with. The fact that Damon inspired tht much fear into me again, after I hadn't thought about him in months brought back unpleasant memories. Much to my dismay, I found myself remembering the rapes and the assult more clearly now, and it almost made me crumple on the ground.

"Baby," I whispered. "it'll be ok. I compelled him to never come here again without Stefan and/or Elena with him. My powers worked, I can feel it."

"It doesn't matter! He almost took you away from me." I started to see the tears in his eyes.

"Shhh," I wrapped my arms around him. "No one, not even Jesus Christ himself, could tear us apart. You are my fiancee and I love you more then life itself. Remember that please."

He shook his head yes and held me. I knew that telling him would make him angry, but I never would have guessed that he was afraid of losing me. I held him a little longer until I told him we had to head toward the house. I haven't told anyone that Embry and I were engaged, though I know that Alice may know. Her visions same times worked for me. With my ever changing body, it was a mystery.

As soon as we headed outside, Embry turned. I could tell by his eyes, he wanted to have me ride on his back to the house. I giggled. "You can be such a dork sometiimes." He gave me a wolfy grin as I climbed on top and wrapped my arms gently around his neck. As he ran, I used my mind reading power to get a glimpse in. All he could think about though was what kind of dress I would wear to the wedding. 

"Just to let you know, I said over the wind, "I will never, ever let you peak at it before the wedding. I want to surprise you."

Many people would believe that showing the groom your dress before the wedding was bad luck, I didn't believe that. I believe that the wedding dress is something that you surprise your husband with so you can leave him speechless as you walk down the aisle. How else will they able to stand still. Edward wanted to run and grab Bella whe she walked down the aisle, but was to stunned to move.

When we finally arrived at the house, we heard a loud voice.

"Where is she?" I heard a familiar voice yell. 

"Nick," I whispered. He must be here because of Joe's rememberance. I climbed off Embry. "Go change. I gotta deal with this." He growled. "Now," I said foricibly.

He relunctly turned and headed to the woods. I walked inside the house to not only see Nick there, but as well as Joe and Kevin.

"Hey, guys what you doing here?" I asked with a smile.

"What did you do to my brother!" yelled Kevin. 

I winced. Kevin was never one to yell. He was the one who usually told us to calm down.

"I did nothing to Joe besides make him realize what truely happened between us. He dumped me for Taylor."

"He was in a happy bliss! He was getting over you and your ruined it!" yelled Nick.

"Look guys this is really-"

"Yes it is," Nick interrupted Joe.

"No it isn't. This is between Joe and me," I stated. "I understand that he is your brother, but you need to realize this our relationship, not yours. Joe understand what he did, and he is upset with himself, or Taylor, or whom ever did this too him. If it was me, I am sorry. But this is enough. You know the rules here. No fighting in this house. I'm surprised Esme hasn't came out and ordered you to leave yet."