Chapter 16

I didn't know how long I remained unconscious for. All I knew was that the nightmare were endless. My dreams were full of Cody raping me, Renesmee hurt, Jake's face when he found her, and my sweet Embry shaming me for being raped again, only this time, letting it happen. Something deep inside told me that he did record again, but I was hoping the fire that I started would prevent anyone seeing what happened. How while he raped me, though it was only one time, I looked helpless.

Part of me hoped that Renesmee was OK. My blood should have helped her heal. Damon had told me that their blood could heal humans. I was hoping mine could help half-humans. If Renesmee was still hurt, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. How would Edward and Bella feel knowing I gave their daughter my blood? Would they understand that I was trying to help? Or that I was brainwashed and was trying to hurt her and/or change her.

As I slowly waked, I was cold. This meant that Embry was not near me. I internally groaned.

I've really done it this time, I thought to myself. I wonder where he is?

"Don't worry Britney, he is just patrolling," someone answered my thoughts.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Edward sitting in the chair across the room. I smiled at him and tried to sit up. Edward was over to me in a flash and gently shoved me back down.

"You have lost a lot of blood," Edward said gently, face straight. "You have been out for days, you need to rest."

"If I've been out for days, then I have rested enough," I argued. "I want to see my fiancee, if you don't mind." I began to sit up again.

Edward smiled and pushed my down again. "He's patrolling. He should be here soon."

I sighed. "Can I least talk to Carlisle?"

"Sure, be right back."

He left the room and I looked around. I was in Carlisle's office. The others had set the room up like a hospital room. I saw another bed next to mine, and I guess Renesmee was forced to spend a day or two with me to make sure she was OK. My thoughts wondered to her sweet face, how scared she looked in the hands of Cody. Thinking about Cody brought all those memories back and I felt a tear leak out.

"Hello, Britney. How are you feeling?" asked Carlisle coming into the room. Bella and Edward were right behind him. I quickly wiped away the tear and looked at my family. I could tell my the look on Bella's face that she had been scared.

Oh thank god you are awake, thought Bella.

"What you thought I would never wake up?" I asked her. "And why is your shield down?"

"No, but I was scared that being asleep for so long would increase mental health damage," she answered. "And I find that keeping my shield down is a lot easier when Edward and I need-"

"Nope, don't need to know."

Bella looked like she would blush if she was able too. Carlisle cleared his throat.

"How are you feeling, Britney?" asked Carlisle again.

"I feel fine, no pain," I responded. "How is Renesmee?"

"She is fine. Your blood help cure her thirst for a few days and help her heal. It was good since we were out of blood for a few days."

"Oh thank God," I sang. "Can I go home now?"

"Not until you pee on a stick and feed."

Carlisle handed me a pregnancy test and some blood.

"I told Embry that I was fine. I shouldn't be pregnant, I wasn't remotely human."