Chapter 8

When I woke up, I was in my bed. I started to get up when I felt someone's hand push me back down. I looked up to see it was Bella. I lay back down and started to lie on my side when I sudden pain shot through me. I whimpered in pain and saw someone jump up from the corner. I looked around to see Embry there. 

"Hey," I whispered. 

"Hey," he whispered, pain in his voice. "How you feeling?" 

"Like shit." 

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" asked Bella. Embry sat at the edge of bed. 

"Well I wanna eat something, but not food." 

"I'll get you a bag from the fridge." Bella left and Embry sat there with a pained expression. "Don't worry. I'll be fine." 

"I should have gotten back up, but I was in too much pain, I couldn't-" 

"Shh. It's ok. I understand. It'll just take me a couple days to heal." 

"Maybe physically, but what about mentally. Babe, I saw tape. I saw what happened. This isn't something you just heal from completely." 

My eyes went wide. No... "H-he tapped it?" 

"You didn't know?" 

"N-n-no." Oh god now what? At least this saves me from telling everyone what happened. I thought back to what happened and realized I could only remember a the day I was saved. Maybe this was a good thing? I don't know. 

Embry let out a tear and turned his face away from me. With much effort I sat up and took a deep breath. I let myself forget everything that happened. I took my hand and made him face me. I felt pain shoot up my arm and I suppressed a whimper. "Please don't let it make you upset. I can't handle you being all mad." 

"I'm sorry," he whispered, as a single tear leaked from his eye. I took my thumb and caught it, wiping it off. "I just feel like I've could have done something to come to you faster, or prevent all this." 

"Shhhh. It's ok. It's all over now." 

"Shouldn't this be the other way around?" he laughed. 

"Well if it helps, I need help laying back down before my body starts screaming." Pain was shooting everywhere. He helped me lay down. Bella came in with a bag. My thirst flared as I smelled the blood. I felt my face tingle. 

"Thanks, Bells," I smiled after I downed the bag. I felt my wounds start healing a little faster. "Do you think Esme will have a problem making me some pancakes?" 

"Your welcome and I'm sure she won't." 

As she left, I asked Embry to lie down next to me. I nodded his head and carefully adjusted himself into the bed. I smiled and leaned into him as much as I could. I smiled. Carlisle interrupted us this time with Esme right behind him. I smiled and my mouth watered at the pancakes. 

"I even put some strawberries in them for you," Esme said, handing them to me. 

"Thank you!" I smiled brightly at her. 

"You welcome." 

I started shoveling food in my mouth. I heard everyone around me laugh. Carlisle cleared his throat. This usually means that it's time for questioning. I groaned and Embry took my plate. 

"Give me that back!" I yelled. 

"You can have those back when you answer my single question," frowned Carlisle. 

"Ok," I sighed. 

"I saw that Cody didn't have a condom on. Do you know if you can have kids?"