Chapter 5

Joe went home as soon as Jasper finished his story. Emmett promised Joe that he would tell his story next time he came over. Joe was excited. 

"Jasper, thank you so much for telling him your story and explaining more about newborns to Joe. I think Joe, has a lot more things to think about tonight," I smiled hugging Jasper. 

"No problem," Jasper said, returning the hug. Did he like it? I couldn't tell at all!  

I let go and laughed at him. "Yes, Jasper, he liked it." 

"Awesome." 

"Britney, Edward, Bella? Will you come upstairs?" asked Carlisle from his study. "I have the results from the MRI." 

We ran upstairs. Carlisle's study was pretty big and full of books. He even had a picture of when he was with the Volturi. I was always afraid of the Volturi. I highly doubted they even knew about me. Edward always whispered that it was bad for them to know about me. Whenever asked why, I got because I had more then one talent. I always let it go, but it always seemed like there was more to it. When we got into those situations, Bella shielded him. Hopefully the results would explain more. 

"That was fast," I said sitting down. 

"Yes, it was," smiled Carlisle. He said something to Edward through his thoughts but Bella was shielding them both where they could communicate but I couldn't hear them. I gave Bella a glare as Carlisle continued out loud, "I am very sorry to say that I have to do more tests. But, I can say that the caul is thinning. Bella has a thick caul, so her shield is there. Yours is thin, so it's going away. Sadly, to prove this theory, I need more tests." 

"Thank you, Carlisle." I smiled. "When do you want it done and what is 'it'?" 

"I'm doing an X-Ray. Is tomorrow possible?" 

"Perfect, she'll be there," smiled Edward. I glared and him. 

I agreed with him and hugged Carlisle. I ran out of there before anything else would happen. I went down stairs and I heard a screeching in Alice's head. I looked in her head to see where she was. Turned out she was in my closet. I ran upstairs to see the problem. 

"What's wrong, Alice?" I asked when I got to her. 

"So many old clothes!" she sobbed, looking terrified. 

"Well, yeah. I always keep the really old clothes with me. I thought I locked them back up." 

"Well, now you don't have them!" 

That was how the rest of the day went. Alice and I went through my closet. I convinced her to keep some things. I hoped that she wouldn't change her mind. The next day, a very special person came over. Alice was excited all day. Around 1pm, there was a knock at the door. I went to the door and opened it. I screamed when I saw it was my best friend, Ashley. We've been friends since pre-school. She knew what I was. She found out a month after we met. Edward said she had Bella's stubborn personality. I could care less. 

"What are you doing here?" I exclaimed. 

"What? I can't come see my best friend?" she pretended to looked offended. 

"Of course! Alice, did you know?" 

"She asked me not to tell you... I saw it when you and the boys were at the meadow," replied Alice. 

"Well, we would love it if you stayed," smiled Esme hugging her. 

"I would love that, thank you Esme," said Ashley returning the hug. 

"Yay! Ashley's here!" boomed Emmett coming into the room. Can I pick on her? 

I shook my head no. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable as soon as she got her.