Chapter 15

I woke up sometime later, not sure about where I was. Reality hit me. I tried to sit up, but to find my arms and feet were tied to something. 

"So, if Carlisle's notes are right, you didn't get pregnant," said someone from behind me.

I gulped.

"That needs to be fixed," continued Cody. "After all, you are the most powerful being I know, which automatically makes you mine."Cody came in front of me.

A million thoughts flooded through my mind. I was powerful, but powerful enough to take on him? I stared into his eyes, willing my compulsion to take over him. He got a dazed look and his eyes glossed over.

"Untie me," I ordered.

Cody slowly untied me. Unfortunately, he powered through after he finished.

"Oh no you don't!" he slapped me. 

He grabbed hold of me and trust me back onto the bed, quickly retying the nots he just untied. "Don't try that again, or someone will get hurt."

He side stepped me and I saw Renesmee. Her outfit was torn and there was blood on her lip. I growled.

"Now, now," he took a step toward her and grabbed her hair roughly. A small wimper came out.

"Please don't hurt her," I pleaded.

"As along as you behave, she will be fine," Cody smirked.

I gave up as Cody slowly made his way to me, unzippering his pants.

~ Next Day ~

I didn't sleep, feeling aweful about giving up so quickly. I knew I could transform into my wolfself, but how would that turn out? Me hurt and Renesmee dead, or Cody dead and us free. I looked across the room to Renesmee. She was dreaming of her wedding, and the day we would be free. I took this time to look around. We were in a small house. Judging how I could hear a river, we were close to the treaty line, or in Canada. I looked back at Renesmee, I could easily pick her up and run. I started tugging on my restraints.

Cody came into the room, and growled at me. "Don't get any ideas. "

I glared at him,and tried to compell him again. He simply laughed.

"That won't work twice. I stole a copy of Carlisle's notes. Vervain is bad for you but good for me."

I have no choice. I closed my eyes, thinking about Embry in his wolfself and how we ran. I started to feel my bones move and warmth take over my bed. I opened my eyes just in time to see Cody's shocked face. The roped that tied me to the bed snapped and I was free.

Embry! Jake! I shouted through my wollf mental voice.

They heard me immediately. Cody quickly regained his focus.

Britney! Embry called out first. Are you ok?

I'm fine, I responded. Cody was eyeing suspeciously. I smiled at him and lept.

I clawed at his face and tried to bite his neck. He easily dodged but ended up tripping on the bed. He was up in a blink and punched my muzzle. I didn't feel it. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my viens. I lept toward him and kept him down. Without a second thought, I tried again, but this time succeeding.

Britney! I heard Jake through my thoughts. Is Renesmee ok?

I looked over to my niece, I heard her fast heartbeat and knew she was ok. Yes, I responded.

We need you to keep talking baby, I heard Embry plead. We can try to find you through your thoughts, but you need to keeping thinking about where you are.

I finished off Cody and set him on fire. I transformed back and quickly found my clothes. I put them on and picked up Renesmee.

"They found us," I whispered in her ear. "Your Jake is on his way."

"Jake," she moaned.

As we walked out of small house, I could tell we were close to the treaty line. I could smell the magic more clearly now, we were masked from any prying eyes. I walked as coninued to picture were we were so Embry and Jake could find us. I could tell when we passed the border because the ground was burning. Vervain spread across my feet as a dropped down. Everything was burning now. I screamed. Embry and Jake were there ten minutes later with Carlisle, Edward, Jasper, and Emmett. Embry quickly picked me up, making some of the pain go away.

"Where is Cody?" Edward asked.

"Dead," I gasped. "Walk closer, past me."

They disappeared behind me. A few seconds past before I could hear Emmett laughing.

"You set the house on fire?" Jasper said, trying to hide his smile.

"Only way to know he is definitely dead."

"Did he?" Embry whispered in my ear.

"Only once," I whispered back. "I'm fine though, it wouldn't have worked, I wasn't human at the time." I stroked his face to calm him. My thirst flared.

"Renesmee!" I heard Jake yell.

"She's bleeding," I heard Edward growl. I pushed away from Embry, falling back to the ground. I crawled to Renesmee and bit my wrist. I pushed to her mouth. Suddenly, she was healed. I, however, passed out.