Chapter 2

Renesmee was always with her boyfriend Jacob. Since he ran away from home, Jacob always lived with us. He slept outside because no one could stand his smell besides Renesmee. She was only 10 but looked like a 16 year, but she was also smart as a 30 year old. Edward sat with his family, as usual, and Bella along with him. Bella's friend Amber was there and asked Bella why she never told her she had a sister. 

"I didn't know," she responded. 

Chris was always by my side. Edward, Bella, Chris, and I had all the same classes. Alice said we needed to break-up the whole class thing, but Edward's excuse always was that he didn't trust Chris. 

"Will you relax?! He is perfectly fine!" yelled Alice. 

I put my mental shield down and thought to Edward, we need to talk. 

"What?" he asked with an angry voice, when we got alone. 

"I know that you don't like Chris, but you need to know that I've got my eye on him really good, so you don't have to worry about me," I said trying, successfully, to keep a straight face. 

"Yes I do. You should hear what he thinks when you aren't around. It's almost like he pretending around you." 

"OK, thank you for telling me that. Just remember, I can read your mind. Listen, just relax. You have enough stress with Jacob and Renesmee; don't add to it by worrying about me." 

"OK, I'll try." 

"What's going on? I couldn't hear anything but Edward looked worried," said Bella, worried as usual. 

"Nothing Bella, I'll tell you everything later. Right now, we need to go to class," said Edward. 

Later that day, Renesmee skipped last period. Jacob was worried, and was looking for her after class. 

"Jake, I haven't seen her. Did you check in the library? She's just like her mother you know," I smiled. 

Just then, Renesmee came out. 

Tell Jake that I was at the library, thought Renesmee. 

"Just as I thought, she was there. Listen, I got to go call Joe. Bye!" Jake grabbed my wrist and looked at me with a sad face. His mind was blank. 

"Listen to me now. Chris is... is gone. He wanted to say goodbye but something 'urgent' came up. I'm sorry I had to say this for him, but he wasn't going to tell you. I thought you had to know," he whispered. Stupid leech. 

"He's not stupid!" I yelled. Right then I felt like crying. This wasn't like him. "I got to go." 

"I'm so sorry," said Edward, trying, unsuccessfully, to hide a smile. 

"Well, I still have Joe. That's of if he will still talk to me. Can we just go home?" I asked. 

"Yes." Good now I don't have to worry about that anymore, but a human singer, really? Is she trying to expose us? 

"Shut up!" Why is he trying to protect me, he should be protecting my sister, not me. I accidently let my shield down. 

"I protect everyone in my family," he said, "you are my family now." 

When we got home, I went right up to Edward's old room. That was my room until the time being. I waited until I was calmed down enough to call Joe. He answered on the third ring. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey it's me Demi," I said into the phone. I really hate lying. I am going to tell him the truth, no more lies! 

"Oh my god! Nick, Kevin! Come here! You will never believe who's calling us! Say hello!" I can't believe he was this excited to talk to me. 

"OK, but you need to calm down. Hey guys, how have you been?"