Chapter 19

Asking Bella to be my matron-of-honor was going to be weird. Though I wasn't there when she got married, I always felt that it was going to be my best friend Ashley. She and I had been best friends since ever. She was the Lilly to my Miley. But the past happened and now I am standing outside her house probably looking like an idiot. I sighed and knock on the door. I knew Edward already knew I was here, I was glad he waited until I was ready.

Edward answered the door half naked. "Yes?" he smiled.

"Please tell me at least Bella is dressed," I groaned.

Pictures of what he just did flooded his mind. I almost vommitted.

"Keep it to yourself, Edward. Fucking gross!"

"What did you do?" asked Bella, thankfully dressed.

"Mind, naughty things, never gonna be able to sleep again," I frowned.

Bella smacked Edward and mumbled an apologized on behalf of her husband. "What brings you over?"

I swallowed. "I'm sorry if this is unexpected," I smiled, gain courage and happy that I am choosing Bella, "but would you like to be my matron-of-honor?"

"Matron?" she asked.

"It's the same as a maid-of-honor, but since you are married, it's matron."

"Oh, of course! I would love to!" she gave a hug. "I know I wasn't your first choice though."

"No. But Ashley ruined that position for herself. So you are the only other person I would want next to me on the day I am going to be truly happy."

"At least you are willingly getting married. It was a condition for me."

Edward laughed. "You wanted it in the end, and that's all that matters to me."

"True," she smiled and gave him a light kiss. "Now what do I need to do?"

"Well, I haven't even thought about a dress to wear..."

"Then, dress shopping. Who else is going to be in the wedding?"

I sat on the couch next to her and smiled. "Renesmee. You would be paired with Jake," I looked over to Edward, "Sorry, Bella told me about everything."

"It's fine. I know he won't think anything bad," he smiled. "I know he would just laugh at himself about how idiotic he was." Only if he would feel the same about Renesmee.

"Your daughter is happy, that is all that should matter," I reassured.

"I know."

"Anyway, Renesmee would be paired with Quil, which is funny considering how tall he is compared to her."

We all laughed.

"How is Leah take it?" asked Edward.

"As far as I know, she is OK with it," I answered. "She knows that Renesmee is with Jake and won't make a move on him."

"I'll talk to Renesmee about a good day and get back to you. With her wedding plans, I'm gonna be swamped so just call in a few days if I don't."

I mentally slapped myself. "If this is going to be too much-"

"It's fine. I'm happy with all the wedding details. I'm making up for my first wedding."

"OK, if you need me, tell me. The wedding is July 30th and it is going to be in my meadow with the reception at my house."

She nodded her understanding and we said our goodbyes. Embry met me at the house.

"Hey, Brit. How did it go?" he asked as I walked in. He was lying on the couch and watching a movie on Netflix.