Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Joe and the guys met me at my house. They said their hellos and Edward offered to drive us. I was so relieved. 

"I'll meet you guys here in one hour. Got that Britney?" Edward said when we got out of the car. 

"Yeah," 'I said with all the confidence I could find within myself. "Lets' go." 

You'll do great, I believe in you, though Edward with a smile. 

Thanks. 

The boys followed me all the way to the meadow. They complained a little in their heads, but never out loud. Then, we finally reached the meadow. Every time I see the meadow I always smile. It makes me believe I can have what my sister has. Joe interrupted my thoughts. 

"OK, let's see what you mean by sparkle," said Joe. 

I took of my sweat shirt and stepped into the sun like planned. Joe's mouth dropped, it was kinda funny. Kevin and Nick were just staring at me speechless. 

"You really do sparkle," said Joe. She looks beautiful. 

"Thanks, Joe." I smiled, he blushed. "But, yeah, I sparkle." 

I heard a deer and ran after it. Thanks, to my shield, Edward didn't know what I was about to do. Within a second I grabbed it and brought it back in the Meadow. They just stared at me wondering what I was going to do. I snapped the deer's neck and fed. They were astounded. When I was done, the let the animal fall on the ground and took 3 steps back. 

"My family and I feed off of animals only because we care too much about human lives," I told them. In the corner of my eye, I was Edward as angry as ever. 

Time to go! NOW, he thought angrily. He turned away and left. 

I focused back on the boys and their minds and themselves was still under shock. I backed up some more. Finally, Joe snapped out of his trance. 

"Where do you think you are going?" asked Joe, as I continued to step back slowly. 

"Nowhere," I replied, "just making sure that you guys are comfortably away from me." 

Is she crazy? thought Nick. "Oh no you don't! You need to explain-" 

"I am not crazy. I thought you guys needed to see that, to know that you were safe. And I will explain everything... later. Right now we need to leave. Edward saw me and I am in major trouble." 

Yet again everyone was speechless. You stupid person, they don't know you read minds! I thought angrily to myself. Edward and Bella showed up in the meadow. 

"Nick, Kevin, you guys will ride on our backs to get to the car. It's easier and faster." 

Nick and Kevin jumped on their backs but not without glare from Edward before they left. 

"Joe, can we talk?" I asked. 

"Sure," he smiled. 

"I want to say something before you leave. I l-love you." 

He touched my arm and said, "I love you, too. Nothing today will ever change that." 

He jumped on to my back and we ran back to the car. Once we found the car again, I let Joe down and he climbed in with his brothers. 

What were you thinking? We are having a family meeting about all this when we get home, growled Edward in his thoughts. 

I frowned. I had no idea it would affect my family this much, I hurt all of them.