03 ; CHANNEL 8

TAEHYUNG'S POV.

The next day, I woke up pretty early. It was around 5:45 when I woke up. I took an early shower and went downstairs. To my surprise, Yoongi wasn't downstairs yet. I figured he was still sleeping and I didn't wanna bother him.

I walked outside and the cold June breeze brushed against my hair. I walk to the patio and sat on the chair, waving at the little kids that are biking by.

I sigh, trying to take my mind off the virus.

I start to hear my neighbor's loud television. I can hear him turn it to the news channel and a reporter talking. I could hear what she was saying but not quite clearly.

I sigh and eventually gave in, I stood up from the chair and walked back inside the house, closing the door. I turned on the TV as I sat down and turned it to the news channel.

"Good morning, citizens of South Korea! I am Herun Junt and I am your reporter from Channel 8. There seems to be a virus from China that has now been spread to the rest of the countries near it, including South Korea. We are currently waiting for the President's command on what to do. Meanwhile, experts are advising the citizens to keep an alcohol on hand and some face masks. From Channel 8, I am Herun Jung. Thanks for staying tuning in."

"What? It spread?" I mumble to myself.

I hear footsteps and turn around to see Yoongi walking down the stairs. He saw me and blinked twice to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

"Tae? How come you're awake at 6? That's a miracle," he said. I roll my eyes in response.

He went to the kitchen to make his usual morning coffee. I turned off the TV and walked to the kitchen.

"Yoongi, the virus arrived at South Korea and a couple other countries near China," I said as I leaned against the kitchen counter. Yoongi yawns and sighs.

"I knew it. Oh well," he said. I nod.

"So when's your nephew coming over?" I ask.

"Oh right. Pass me my phone, would you?" He asked, pointing at his phone that was on the edge of the counter.

I reached for it and handed it to him. He took the phone and started to dial a number.

He waited until the other line picked up and said, "Hey. Yeah, so it seems like the virus has reached the country. Mhm. Yep. No, no, I don't mind at all!"

And I knew what those words meant. It meant that Yoongi's nephew will be staying over. Not so bad, I suppose?

Yeah, until I realize what it meant for me. I have to share my room and the bed with a stranger I barely know. God, I wish he isn't a psychopath.

"Okay then! Sure thing. Alright goodbye," Yoongi finished as he hung up and faced me.

"Tae, my nephew will be arriving today. So go clean your room. Don't worry, he isn't a snorer," Yoongi said, joking at the last part.

I plastered a faint smile across my face and headed upstairs to fix my room.

I wonder how Yoongi's nephew is like? Does he like watching movies? Or maybe he's a book person. Maybe it won't be so bad. Or it might be and they drink. And they have multiple tattoos on their arm. God, I don't know.

After 20 minutes, I finished cleaning up. I kept all my books and pieces of paper in the cabinet beside my bed. I'm planning on sleeping on the left side so hyung's nephew can sleep comfortably on the right. I folded the blankets and changed the pillowcases. I even hung up the fairy lights Jimin got me for Christmas on the ceiling.

I sigh and pat myself in the back. I walk downstairs, and head to the living room.

"I finished cleaning," I said. Yoongi hyung nods.

"Thank's alot, Tae. This means a lot to me and the Jeon's."

The doorbell rings and Yoongi rushed to get it. I followed him and saw it was Namjoon.

"Hey Yoon. Hey Tae," he said, welcoming himself in.

"Joon what are you doing here? My nephew is coming so please go back home," Yoongi said, groaning.

"Yeah, I know. You told us," the older responded, sarcastically. "So me and Hobi got you some food for dinner later."

He habded Yoongi a grocery bag that was filled to the brim. What, did they buy the whole store?

Yoongi looked at it, confused, but he took the bag anyway. He gave it to me and I checked what was inside.

"Whoa! Expensive meat! And some fancy sauce," I said, holding a jar of red sauce that I've never seen before.

"Yeah. There's some lettuce there, too! In case y'all want to grill the meat and have some lettuce along with it," Namjoon said with his chin up to showcase that he was proud.

Yoongi sighs. "Thanks, Joon," he said as he gave him a fist bump.

I get all excited and walk to the kitchen. "I'll put the food in the fridge, Yoongi!" I said excitedly.

It wasn't even lunch time yet but I am ready for dinner!

I heard the door close and I assumed Namjoon left.

I opened the red sauce to smell it when I heard the doorbell ring again. I was about to get it when I heard Yoongi yell, "I'll get it!"

I focus back on the sauce. I sniffed it and it was some fancy kimchi sauce my mother used to use.

My mother...

I shook the thought off my head and closed the jar. I opened the fridge and placed the meat inside. As I turned around Yoongi entered the kitchen... with someone.

"Tae, this is my cousin, Jungkook."