14 ➷

Taehyung's Pov

This isn't good.

Me and Jungkook have been running for the past minutes and we can still hear the man following us.

Just great.

"You know we can't just keep running, right?" Jungkook asked me while he ran.

"Yeah but," I had to breath in between my words, "I can't think of a way out right now."

I must've been getting tired since my legs are slowing me down.

"Just— just save yourself." Jungkook said.

I give a short chuckle. "Don't be a hero, Jeon." I said.

"Just go. Run in the opposite direction and I'll get rid of the guy." He said, brushing a hand through his hair.

Is this guy serious?! Is he seriously gonna 1v1 the dude just to save me? Oh c'mon, don't make me feel bad.

"Tae, go!" He yells, making me flinch with the sudden tone and nickname.

"Darn you— fine! But just return home safely." I say before running into another street.

I kept running and running wherever my legs took me, then I stopped by a corner to catch my breath.

"That guy— he's lost it! He lost his mind!" I yell in between breaths.

Maybe Jungkook isn't that bad—

"Gah!"

The next thing I know is that Im on the ground, a man in front of me.

"You brat." He mumbles.

It's a different guy this time, but he seems to be pissed off at me. It must've been the other dude's friend.

"Look. I don't mean any harm so just leave me alone." I said in defense.

He gave a chuckle and spat out the gum he had in his mouth.

"Look, you can't keep running." He said.

"I know." I talked back.

He rolled his eyes, ignoring mine. "Don't talk back, idiot." He scoffed.

I scoffed back, looking around to find out where the hell am I.

There's a beach nearby— maybe people are there. I can run towards it and catch people's attention.

I quickly stand up and run to the beach- with what's left of my stable legs.

"You!" I hear the man yelling behind me.

As I reach the beach, I realized I made a mistake. There are no people around and the sun made it 10x hotter than a normal sunny day.

As I began the slow down my pace, I hear the man's footsteps behind me. With no choice, I run to the water.

"You're insane! Who runs to the sea?!" He yells.

"I do!" I yell back.

He scoffs at my response and kept following me. I start to get deeper into the water and it was reaching my shoulders.

"This isn't a smart choice, kid." He says.

"Don't call me that. I'm probably older than you." I said.

"Oh you got guts." He said as he ran towards me.

Oh gosh!

I stumble back and fall into the water, I panic and began to move my arms and legs repeatedly. When I opened my eyes, I was way below the sea.

I try to swim back to the surface but I bump into a big, sharp rock and made a cut on my hand.

I groan in pain as I swim back up.

"Gah!" I gasp as I breathe for air.

The shore is way too far. Cheesecakes. How did I get here?! I don't see the man anywhere anymore, maybe he left, or maybe he's drowning!

I dive my head underwater again, I swim around the sea, looking for any bodies but I see none.

He ditched me! I mean- I didn't want him here anyway, but what a jerk!

I swim back to the shore as fast as I can but fail because the waves are dragging me back to the sea.

I yell for help, but no one is in sight.

I start to lose hope and begin to sink. Gosh, I wish I took swimming lessons- I don't know how to survive against the current.

And before I knew it, I lost consciousness.

Jungkook's Pov

"Agh!"

I stumble to a hard wall.

The man looked at me in the eye. "You shouldn't have planned to attack me earlier, now look at you, bleeding." He said with pride.

I look at my arm which had a huge scar on it.

This isn't good.

"You're all bullcrap! The virus is bullcrap! This country's government is crap!" He ranted.

"What did we ever do to you?!" I shout.

"I lost my sister because of that stupid virus! Why? Because the government didn't act fast enough!" He yells.

"Look, don't blame the government." I said in a calm way.

But the guy didn't have it.

He threw a fist on my face and I fall to the ground.

"Don't tell me what to do!" He said with anger.

"Okay fine! But just because you lost someone don't assume the rest of us haven't! And you didn't need to take your anger out on us. We're just innocent teenagers!" I shout in anger.

"You don't know how it was like to lose someone. And what's worse is that the last thing I told my sister was that I hated her!" He shouts.

"Well don't take it out on me! Wouldn't you think she'd stop you—"

The guy threw another fist at me. "Shut up!" He yelled before he gave me a beating.

And what did I do? Nothing.

I just dealt with the pain. Because the second I fight back, he would run to Tae, and even worse... he would do the same to him.

Oh God. Please tell me Tae is safe. Please.

Thank you for reading this chapter! Make sure to vote and comment to boost the book.