12 ➷

Taehyung's Pov

I rush up to my room, red in embarrassment.

That idiot!

I roll my eyes and lay in my bed, exhausted from how the day started.

I sigh into my pillow and hear the door click open.

"Hm?" I ask, sitting straight up.

"Hey." Yoongi hyung said, entering my room and sitting on the edge of the bed.

I raise my eyebrow in confusion. "Do you need something, hyung?" I ask.

Yoongi hyung gave a cheeky smile and slowly nods.

Of course he just had to need something.

I sigh. "Alright. What is it?" I ask.

"I need you to buy me medicine. And don't stay out too long, there's a damn virus. Wear a mask too." Yoongi hyung said, giving me money.

"Fine. What medicine do you need?" I ask.

"Just some antibiotics for cough." He said.

I nod and stand up, I walk over to my closet to get a face mask. I search through my backpack and find a small alcohol bottle, you know, just in case.

I was about to walk out the door when Yoongi hyung grabbed a hold of my hand.

"Hm?" I ask.

"Bring Jungkook. You know what happens to teenagers walking on the streets these days." He said, concerning.

I give a short laugh. "And you seriously think Jungkook will protect me from whatever will happen?" I ask, jokingly.

Yoongi hyung nods seriously.

"Pfft— really?" I ask.

He gives me a stern look. "Look Tae. I know him more than you do. Just run to the drugstore, buy some antibiotics and be on your way home." He said.

"Well if it was that easy I don't need company." I say, stubbornly.

"Tae."

"Okay okay fine! I'll bring your cousin along with me. Jeez." I said, exiting the room.

I roll my eyes jokingly and walk into the living room, spotting Jungkook watching a TV show, it seemed familiar.

"Yo. You watch Last Promise too?" I ask, looking at the familiar scene in the episode on the television.

Jungkook nods, hearing my voice. "Yeah. Sucks how Jake had to leave."

Last Promise is an American TV show. It explores the story of Evan and Jake who are from different planets. Jake is from Jupiter and he came to visit Earth for a mission; to save the humans from the evil plan of Jupiter, to bomb Earth. Jake meets Evan and tells him all about it, they manage to save Earth together. But Jake had to return back to Jupiter for a punishment from spoiling his planet's plans.

I really cried during the ending. When Jake had to go, he said "Im sorry, Evan. But Im from Jupiter. You're from Earth. And you loved someone else before I came along. It's best if I leave, til we meet again, see you next time my moon." Like- I sobbed so hard that night me and Yoongi hyung watched it.

I cleared my throat which caused the other's attention. "Come with me!"

"Huh? Where to?" He asks, pausing the episode.

"To the drugstore. We have to buy medicine for Yoongi hyung. I wanted to go alone but hyung said to bring you since you'll protect me." I said with air quotes.

Jungkook chuckled at my air quotes. "Alright. I'll go with you. Im starving anyway, the sooner hyung gets better, the sooner we get lunch!"

I smile at his response, I give him a spear mask and walk out the door, hearing his footsteps after mine.

I walk into the street and turn a corner, Jungkook must be questioning my directions since his walking pace became slower.

"Are you sure this is the way to the drugstore?" He asks. "Isn't it supposed to be out of the village?"

I shake my head. "There's a mini drugstore in the corner." I said, pointing into another hall of houses.

Jungkook shakes his head. "Uh— I think we're going the wrong way—"

I suddenly wave my hand in the air, signaling for him to stop talking.

I can feel a presence near us.

"What?" He whispers.

I turn around and look left to right. There's no one there but—

"Hello!"

"Gah!"

I jump in the sudden voice, falling onto Jungkook's arms.

Jimin quickly giggled to my surprise. He flashed a quick smile and waved hello.

What the fuck—

"Oh hey. Jimin, right?" Jungkook asks, still holding my scared body.

Jimin nods. "Yes, that's me!"

I cleared my throat, standing still and fixing myself. "God! Don't scare me like that Park Jimin! I swear I could kill—"

"Hey."

"OH HOLY MOTHER OF— FUCK!"

Jin gave a short laugh. "Scaredy-cat." He mumbles.

Okay! What is it with these two scaring me?!

I fall back into Jungkook's arms in which he gave a chuckle.

Jimin laughs along.

"Where are you all coming from?!" I yell, standing still, keeping myself together.

"Loser." Jin jokes. "Anyways, what are you all doing here?"

"I ditched my parents, they were getting boring." Jimin confesses.

I give him a you did what?! look.

He gives me a giggle and a don't snitch on me look.

"Me and Taehyung are supposed to buy antibiotics for Yoongi hyung." Jungkook said, making me realize he was still there.

Oh. Lol.

"Ah I see." Jin said, "Well I ditched Namjoon and Hoseok. The party was lame anyways." He said.

I chuckle at the response, and so did Jimin and Jungkook.

"Come on, I wanna eat soon, let's buy the medicine now." Jungkook said, jogging into the corner of the street.

Jimin nods and follows along.

So does Jin.

I tag along from behind them three.

Sometimes I wonder... why? Why do I have these amazing people around me? Im confused. What did I do to deserve this?

Maybe... it's fate?

Hi! Thank you so much for reading this chapter of Because Of The Virus. Please vote and comment to boost the book. I love you!