31 ➷

Taehyung's Pov

"You seem extra sad today," my aunt said as I entered the kitchen. "What's going on, my lil bear?"

I sigh, sitting down in the bar stool.

I called Yoongi hyung last night and we did some talking- of course, it got out of hand since we both slept at 12 AM and have been talking on the phone for 4 hours already. So I'm pretty much tired.

"Just tired," I yawn out.

My aunt nods. "Well, I made you some spaghetti for breakfast. I have an errand to run for the afternoon so I won't be home by dinner," she said.

I nod, taking a spoonful- well, forkful of spaghetti.

"I left some money on the coffee table," she said while sipping her coffee. "You can order yourself a pizza for lunch."

"Okay," I nod eagerly.

Aunt has been taking care of me for the past day I've been here. She's super sweet and caring- something my father never was after my mom's death. Just the thought of that incident breaks me- breaks my world.

"Do you have any plans for the day?" She asks.

I shake my head. "I'm still new to Seoul, I've barely got time to make friends since I have some work to do," I said. Well, okay, I lied. I have no work to do. I just don't wanna make friends anytime soon, I'm still sad about what happened.

"I understand," she said. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm right here, Tae."

I smile at her, appreciating her kind offer. "Thank you."

"Of course," she takes her coffee mug and dumps it in the sink. "Gotta run," she said before kissing me on the forehead and waving goodbye.

Once the door slams shut I felt even more tired. Gosh why am I like this?

I finish my spaghetti and wash the dishes. I walk over to the living room and turn on the television, wanting to watch a movie- but instead, I land on a news channel.

"Hello, citizens of Seoul," the news lady on television said. "It's Reporter Yeon here and I've just received some awesome news! The virus has left our country- all patients with the virus has all recovered and are soon returning to their beloved homes."

I smile, hearing the great news.

"The president and members of the council has all mutually agree to loosen the health protocols and will settle on just face masks when going out. The pandemic is expected to be over in about a week or two, hoping other countries will try their best to fight it."

I sigh- a huge sigh of relief.

"We're all looking forward to spending a lovely year with all of you. Reporter Yeon, signing off!" The channel immediately switched to the weather updates.

I can't help but feel so relieved that the virus has stopped in our country. It's such exciting and happy news to hear! It's like we're gifted a whole new world!

I take the remote and quickly find a movie to watch. My heart's racing inside my chest and my brain is planning all the cool things I could do in Seoul- or better yet, the country! Maybe go shopping with aunt, or visiting the zoo! Wait, maybe ice skating! Is there even an ice skating rink here? We could go to Jeju!

Just as I jumped up and down in excitement and happiness, I received a text message.

Jungkook wants to meet up? What?!

At first, I wasn't sure if I would come to the address. I was still hurt, obviously, and I wasn't gonna forgive him right away for what he said. But something in me- like a voice -said I should go. Like I needed to.

So here I am, standing in front of a huge art museum in Seoul, a hand gripping on my shoulder bag. I sigh, preparing myself for anything and everything.

I enter the place and I immediately felt relieved. It's so beautiful! There's paintings on every wall, pieces of art inside glass panels, and different types of poems plastered on the wall. It was so beautiful. So so beautiful.

I had to admit, maybe coming here wasn't so bad after all.

"You came."

I turn around and see Jungkook who was holding a box of chocolates, a wide grin on his face.

"I did," I said in a nonchalantly manner.

"Thank you," he smiled, handing me the box of chocolates. "Take this."

"I don't need your box of chocolates," I said with an annoyed tone. I was still mad, so I didn't take it.

He chuckled lowly. "C'mon. Arguments aside, take the chocolates."

I sigh and snatch it from his hand. These are my favorite types! How'd he know?

"Yoongi hyung told me to get these for you," he said. "He's worried sick."

"Just like when we got beaten up?" I joke.

He frowns. "Too early for that."

"Sorry," I apologized. He was right- I had to admit -that incident shouldn't be a laughing matter.

"I'm really sorry," he began.

"I know," I nod.

"And I'm not expecting you to forget what I said—"

"—You're right about that," I scoff, my heart aching at the way I turned my back. It hurts.

"But please," his voice sounded hurt. "Please forgive me. I'm so so sorry, Tae. I was just angry and caught up with my emotions that I couldn't think straight before speaking."

"Well why are you apologizing here?" I scoff. "I'm just a stranger after all!"

"No—"

"—So why don't you just return back to Daegu? Aren't you busy? Why don't you go catch up with Irene?"

"Tae, you're wrong. I don't—"

"—Of course I'm wrong," I roll my eyes. "I'm always wrong."

He frowns. "That's not true—"

"—Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. We all make mistakes, and it's part of human nature," he began softly. "But don't think I'm implying that you're always wrong."

The emotions in me are making me confused. "Can't you just leave—"

"—I love you."

What did he say?!