Hangout

Hello loves!

Another update for you all! This is a slower one, but it is a major deal for Liam and his character development. Little Ziam in this chapter, but the next will definitely have more!

Love you all and I will update again soon! Thank you for the continued support :)

Chapter 36:

"I'm glad that we could all finally find a night to gather together. Sorry for all of the changes this year, but we managed. Welcome to our annual writing club gathering!" Harry cheerfully stated, making everyone else clap and give out small shouts of excitement. He stood in the front of the living room. We were all gathered at Harry's home, and it was quite lovely. It was all white and light blue with shades of green and yellow. It was all so opened and welcoming. Like you didn't have to have secrets here.

His mum was the one who answered the door when Ruth knocked with me. She was a lovely woman who smiled kindly at the both of us, welcoming us into her home without hesitation. Ruth explained that she wasn't staying, and his mum sent her away with some baked goods she made for all of us.

"So, you're Liam," His mother, Anne, assumed, and I nodded hesitantly. Sometimes, if I was lucky, I would forget that everyone knew of my family's tragedy. "Louis tells me that you're a great writer. Harry is very excited at the possibility of hearing something from you tonight."

I tensed up at the thought of reading aloud. Zayn helped me write the poem I was going to read, but I was insanely nervous to do it. The thought alone was enough to make my breathing pick up.

"Don't feel pressured, love," Anne stated. "If you aren't comfortable with reading something, you don't have to. Harry won't force you."

"Yeah, and if he does I'll smack him for you," Another voice entered the conversation. It was a girl with similar features to Harry. My suspicions of their relation were confirmed at Anne's light sigh.

"Gemma, leave your brother alone."

"You're right. Louis will take care of it instead," She stated, and I was suddenly speaking aloud.

"You know about them?" I asked, feeling a little shocked. They were so quiet about it at school, but Louis did tell me that they weren't hiding it. They just didn't flaunt it all over the place like some other couples at our school did. It was something for them to enjoy. It didn't necessarily have to be broadcasted all over the place, and I understood that.

"Yes," Anne stated. "Harry introduced Louis as his boyfriend after he visited three or four times."

"I completely saw it coming," His sister, Gemma, stated. "They were so gone for one another."

"You had a love sick phase as well, Gemma," Anne pointed out, making Gemma pout a bit. "So, do you have anyone special in your life, Liam?"

I felt my cheeks heating up. I didn't exactly know how to answer that question. Zayn was someone special to me, but we weren't dating. We were friends. It was safe. It was what I needed.

Gemma's eyebrow rose, a smirk growing over her lips, and she opened her mouth to say something, but Anne was giving her a pointed look. She shut her mouth as Anne turned back to me.

"It's okay, love. You don't have to share anything. Come on. Everyone's waiting in the living room. I'll leave you all some baked goods and be out of your hair."

I followed behind his mum as she led me to the living room. And everyone was already there. They were all sitting across the sofas and on the floor wrapped up in blankets and such. Louis greeted me first, followed by Harry and everyone else in the club. I stared at the floor the whole time, wishing their eyes weren't on me.