Confessions

Update time!

I hope you all are well, and thank you for the patience. 🖤

Warning: This chapter does contain signs of anxiety/panicking, but overall this chapter is rather cute and fluffy bc you all deserve that.

I also want to give a shoutout to SunflowerStyles28 who has a Larry one shot book if you want to check that out and share the love!

With all of that being said, enough waiting, and... ENJOY! 😄

Chapter 45:

"You look great, Liam," Ruth complimented as she walked into my room as I was buttoning the last button of my long sleeved shirt.

I wasn't completely in the right state of mind, but I was feeling a little better after having everyone visit me the night before and sleeping most of the day. Now, I was going out with Zayn to his exhibit. I took all of my pills, but I was still rather anxious. I, however, trusted Zayn more than I ever trusted anybody. I knew he would make me feel safe and even take me home if I so much as requested.

"Thank you," I replied. It was unusual not wearing a hoodie to hide behind. I was completely exposed. "I don't really know what to wear to an art exhibit show." I assumed semi-casual would be fine.

"I have no idea," Ruth admitted. "I think you look marvelous, though. But... the hair?" She questioned, motioning to the top of my head with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't really know what to do with it."

"Boys are rather hopeless, I suppose," She sighed out with an eye roll and a smile on her lips. I allowed her to pull me to my bed and sit me down, then she disappeared to her room before returning with a comb and what looked like hairspray. I sat idly as she fixed my hair the way she wanted, and then she took a step back with a smile.

"There. That looks good, that."

"Are you sure?" I wondered. As curious as I was to how she styled my hair, I didn't want to look in the mirror. I lifted my hand to touch at my hair, feeling that it was mostly slicked to one side, completely different from my usual fringe.

"Yes, I'm sure. When Zayn sees you he's going be absolutely stunned."

I shook my head, not saying a word in response. There was no point in arguing with Ruth when we both knew how I felt about my appearance. She would comfort me and reassure me, but my mind wouldn't allow me to believe her. It was becoming tiresome.

There was a knock on our front door, and Ruth smiled widely.

"I believe he's here now." She turned to leave my room and answer the door, but I quickly caught her arm before she went. Turning back to me, she placed a hand over my own. "Are you alright, Liam?"

"I... I'm scared," I announced.

She nodded, stepping closer to ne once more and fixing my hair with her fingers.

"Of?" She whispered.

"People staring," I began. We were going to an art exhibit, but I wasn't so sure people wouldn't mistake me for a hideous art piece. "Um, having an attack in public. Or Zayn realizing that he shouldn't really want to like m-"

"Hey," My sister interrupted, lifting my face to meet her eyes. "Has Zayn ever given you a reason to feel that way?" I shook my head. "Exactly. Because he likes you, Liam. And if anything happens, you tell him. And you can call me anytime. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you use his phone. You've got this, Li."

I nodded, leaning forward and resting my head against her stomach, hugging her like I was a little kid again. She hugged back without question before patting my on the shoulders.