"To Be or Not to Be"

So, it's been a while lol

Sorry for the break I took, but things are back in order now, and Scars will now be updated every Wednesday!

Thank you all for the patience. Here's your well-deserved update!

Chapter 6:

     As soon as I stepped foot into the school building, someone came immediately by my side. I saw their shoes before I heard their voice. They were a pair of black vans that were clearly worn, but they still looked presentable. "Hey, Liam," The voice greeted in a cheerful manner, and I knew right away that it was Louis.

    He was walking right beside me, and I instantly felt uncomfortable about the whole situation. I could feel the eyes staring at us. It didn't feel like it did whenever they simply stared at me. It felt worse. There was a tension that I could feel in the air, and I knew it was because people were shocked that someone like Louis would ever even say hi to me.

    I walked a bit faster, shoving my hands into my pockets and creating a bit of space between us, however, Louis seemed persistent in his advances as he picked up his pace as well. He was soon walking beside me again, and when he spoke, his voice still sounded upbeat and chipper.

    "Coming to writing club today? It's going to be fun. Harry's doing a poetry night, and he's going to tell us all about it today. It's basically reading in front of a crowd of people at a poetry club, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Are you any good at poetry?" Louis rambled, and every single word sounded so distant, yet so close.

   My eyes glanced over at his shoes, and I heard him greeting other people he knew while still walking beside me like it wasn't a big deal. I bit the inside of my lip as I felt my palms begin to sweat a bit in my pockets. I stopped walking at a corner, making Louis halt in his steps as well, and I turned to him, never once lifting my eyes from the ground.

    "Why are you talking to me?"

    He let out a baffled chuckle before asking, "What do you mean? Do you... do you not want me to talk to you?"

   I lifted my gaze a bit higher, not showing my face, but enough to see that his hands were not rubbing together nervously, his fingers thrumming against each other. He shuffled his feet a bit, and I felt someone shove passed me, not even apologising as I stumbled a bit, trying to catch myself. Louis' hands shot out and grabbed a hold of my arms, holding me steady as I planted my feet down once more.

   "No," I whispered out, my voice sounding hoarse and low. Louis must not have heard me because he spoke over my delicate tone.

  "What the hell? Did people suddenly forget their manners?" He cried, and I knew that his focus was no longer on me. He was speaking far too loud to have been talking to me. His feet were turned away from me, turned at an angle. He was shouting after whoever bumped into me.

    "Stop that!" I warned, capturing his attention as his body turned back towards me.

    "What? Why?" He wondered, voice holding both disbelief and a hint of rage. "It's rude to just bump into people like that."

   "I'm used to it," I murmured before turning away and continuing on to class. Of course, Louis still didn't walk away. He continued to follow, and I felt him rush a bit to walk beside me once again. He seemed so unfazed by everything, and I wondered why.

   "You shouldn't have to be. Maybe people should recognize that we're all human here," Louis mouthed off, speaking loudly through the hallway, and I wanted to run and hide.

   I hung my head lower, my stare burning into the tiled ground, and I tried to shrink in on myself, but Louis' voice was still there. Loud and proud.