Part Twenty Four: Let The Madness Begin

From the looks of it, the entire Academy was being evacuated. I felt kind of sorry for all the Day Class students. If only they knew. Then I thought of Suki and Aika and Yori. I could only hope they would be kept safe.

Down below me from where I sat in the tree, I could hear whispered snarling in bushes. Alright, now I got what was going on. Vampires. As usual. Then it hit me. These were Level E Vampires. Well I only did what any logical person would do. I attacked them.

Only, that may have been the exact wrong thing to do. I held down one, ready to tear it's head off, and the flames of hell beat me to it. The Vampire was vanquished in my hands and the flames made their way to burning my jacket.

"Akatsuki, you didn't have to burn the poor girl." It was Ruka, and Akatsuki and Seiren.

"It's fine, not the worst thing that's ever happened." I told them, patting out the small fire on my sleeve.

All around us, more Vampires started appearing. One after the other, we killed them off. I mean, these were Level E's. They're the easier to kill than humans.

Kaien found us, helping us out and finishing off the Vampires. Then he told me to go and find Yuki. Hopefully be the wise mind of this chaos. Well that's what I did.

I heard her and Hanabusa conversing in her dorm, I walked in and they both seemed slightly surprised to see me.

"Sasaki-san. Why are you here?" Hanabusa seemed a lot less cold to me, but more concerned.

"The Headmaster sent me here to protect Yuki." I said.

"Well, have you got a weapon to defend yourself?" Yuki asked.

"No... No I don't." Wow, that would have been a useful thing to think of, huh Serena? Thankfully, Yuki handed me a weapon which looked exactly identical to her Artemis rod, except it was black. Almost as black as my hair.

"This is the Apollo. The twin of Artemis. I think you'll make good use of it."

"Wow, thanks Yuki. It's so lovely." I said, holding it in my hands, admiring the smooth, cold metal.

Right after that, we set off running. Well, me and Yuki anyways. Hanabusa followed closely behind. I wasn't really sure where we were going, or what we were doing or if I was even really doing the right thing, but at least I was making use of myself. The whole time I kept thinking about Zero and if he was alright. It was daylight now, but I'm not sure he was even aware of that.

"Yuki! Sasaki-san! Look!" Hanabusa directed us to where a Level E was about to devour Yori. Well, Hanabusa put a stop to that.

Yuki ran to Yori, protecting her from the other Vampires approaching. And it seems to me they all knew she was the Pureblood princess. I mean, that doesn't exactly however stop a bunch of insane Vampires from killing. The only problem was Yuki was a Vampire, and the Artemis rod repelled Vampires. So I stepped in instead. The Apollo was deadlier than I thought, it was probably even more powerful than the Artemis rod. 

"Thanks Serena."

"No problem. That's what I'm here for."

"Wait a minute... Yuki.. What just happened?" Oh that's right. Yori was kind of a thing. I think Yuki had that same thought as me.

"Right... About that. Those people that just disintegrated. They're like me. I'm a Vampire, Yori." For a moment, Yuki looked like she was about to cry. It's not everyday you have to casually tell your best friend you're a Vampire.

"You idiot. I'm just glad you're safe." Oh alright then. There's no problems here.

"Are you a Vampire too, Serena?" Yori asked.

"Me? Yeah, I wish." I joked, laughing.

"What are you doing here?" Oh for the love of god. Kaname.

We turned around and there he was, not looking so impressed. Then again, he never looked really impressed.

"Kaname, something is happening here at the Academy, isn't it?" Yuki asked.

"Yes. But your condition's still unstable." Then he turned to Hanabusa. "I told you to protect her, why didn't you listen to me?"

"Oh hey now Kaname, he didn't do anything wrong. You're the one who should be explaining things." I said. I'm honestly so done with this guy. He's getting on my last nerve. Like seriously, all he ever does is make people, especially Yuki, feel like everything is their fault.

"Serena, Yuki needs to be kept safe. She can't even hold the Artemis rod anymore."

"Kaname! There's people I want to protect too! I have Serena with me, I'll be alright." Yuki implied. Whoa, she was standing up for herself, go Yuki.

"Yuki..." And then he shoots her down.

I swear, when would this ever end?

I'll also show you a sweet dream... Next night.