Part Twenty One: Always The Instigator Aren't We?

For the rest of the night, Yuki could do nothing but apologize over and over again. Personally, it was annoying the hell out of me, and probably Zero too.

"I'm sorry again, Zero." She said.

"It's fine, really." He breathed, very annoyed.

"It's because of what I said that made Ichiru leave, right?"

"No, it wasn't really your fault."

"Yeah, but it isn't really about that, Zero. Yuki and I will probably agree that the both of you have had some really bad experiences, but it's not going to help if you keep hurting each other." I said.

"I do agree with Serena, that's just what the Headmaster said."

Yuki's eyes suddenly flashed wider than before and she held her head as if she was preventing it from falling apart. I heard her softly whimper as if in pain.

"What's wrong, Yuki? Is your head hurting again?"

"No, it's fine. I'm alright. Really."

"Forget about my problems, Yuki, Just get some rest." Zero said.

"I'm sorry. Goodnight."

As Yuki left for her dorm, Zero and I heard a voice behind us. As I spun around in shock, it was Ichiru at the top of the stairs.

"Zero, if I were you, I wouldn't fall in love with that girl. Unless of course you want to break Serrie's heart again. And just like you, my taste in women is quite terrible as well. After all, I did fall in love with Serrie."

The fact that he said all that while looking me in the eyes kind of sort of really pissed me off. Was he kidding me? He said these things like I wasn't in the room. As my cheeks burned again, Zero just had the look of wanting to rip Ichiru apart.

"I'm right here in the room, Ichiru! I can hear you!" I yelled.

"No response, Zero? I'm a little disappointed."

"Why don't you tell me your motives?" Zero said.

"I don't owe you an explanation, Zero. And tell Serrie I'm still pursuing her for me, would you?"

"You can tell me right here! So stop ignoring me!"

My yelling was useless because clearly Ichiru was ignoring me. As he disappeared into the shadows again, I felt my heating anger cool down.

"Zero, why is Ichiru acting like I'm not here?" I asked.

"He finds it amusing, Serrie. He probably thinks you're falling for him again."

"I'm not. I've never found him so impulsive as before."

"Seems like it. But just know I'm not falling in love with Yuki, Serena. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Zero."

Zero kissed me softly and then left me standing alone in the hall. I had never felt so alone and yet so involved at the same time. But I didn't love Ichiru like I thought I did. That was definite. He was my brother, but I still had no idea what Zero was to me. I guess I just had to wait and find out.

I'll also show you a sweet dream... Next night.