Part One: Welcome To My World

I strolled through the school leisurely and watched carefully to make sure I wasn't found by Yuki or Zero. However by this time, I had already found many ways to avoid them and to be very honest, they weren't always the most alert . I was pretty fast anyways and if in an unfortunate incident, where any of the Night Class students ever tried to attack me, I was prepared. Zero had taught me a few skills and even gave me an anti-Vampire gun. I would frequently practice my aim since it was always terrible as I remember being told by Zero and Yagari.

I was actually never attacked by Vampires before, but it was useful to know how to defend myself in general. I heard heavy footsteps approaching my way and I jumped up into the tall tree above me.

I peered through the leaves and saw that it was Kaname Kuran. The dorm President of the Moon dormitories where the Night Class students stayed. He was as I heard, a Pureblood Vampire, and well respected in Vampire society. A Pureblood was a Vampire that had no trace of Human blood in their lineage. There weren't many left, so they were practically looked up to as Gods.

I felt a spill of blood on my hand and saw that I had cut myself on the branches, climbing up. I just really hoped Kaname didn't smell it. Besides, I don't think Kaname is even aware of my existence. I'm not amongst the screaming fangirls outside everyday. I watched him closely, desperately hoping he didn't smell my blood.

"Who's there?" I heard him question. So much for staying hidden.

Of course he smelled my blood. Then again, with the Disciplinary Committee out on patrol all night, he wouldn't even dare try to bite me. I gathered the courage I needed and hopped down from the tree. I landed directly behind him and stood up to his shoulders. He turned around and didn't seem the slightest surprised that I was a Day Class student.

"Shouldn't you be asleep? I think I just saw Yuki around here."

"I'm not afraid if I get caught. I already know what you are." I answered casually. I really wasn't afraid of him.

Kaname grabbed my wrist and licked the blood that had spilled. I pulled away from him and brought out my gun in response, pointing it at his head. I always made sure to carry it around with me. If he wanted my blood, he could forget it. I would gladly call out for the Disciplinary Committee, or take care of the issue myself if I had to.

"You can't bite me, Vampire. I will not hesitate to pull the trigger right here."

"I was never going to bite you. If I do, then you too will become a Vampire. Believe me, it isn't a very joyful process." He said this with a smile that irked me.

I was partly shocked though to be honest. He didn't want my blood thankfully and I sure as hell didn't want to become a Vampire. Just look at what happened to Zero. I pulled my gun away, slowly, but still held it firmly in my hand.

"What are you going to do now? Serena... Sasaki is it?"

How did he even know my name? I had never spoken to Kaname before in my life. Maybe Yuki had said something or even maybe Zero. But Zero clearly didn't even think of me at all anymore. And obviously he held interest in Yuki Cross, as anyone could plainly see, much to my own burning jealousy.

"Who told you my name? I've never even spoken to you in my life!"

"I overhear many things. Zero isn't one to whisper."

"Zero? What could he have possibly even said about me?"

"Just that you know about us, that he trained you to guard yourself. And so I take it that you hate Vampires just as much as he does."'