Part Four: Cherry Blossoms and Small Moments

"I never knew there were blossom trees on campus."

"Neither did I. Until last night."

Zero told me about blossom trees that were extravagantly beautiful. He said they were well-hidden and it was far to get there. Yuki had already left for patrol and she let Zero take me. We approached this small forest of willow trees, wilting into the lake below.

"It's right here."

Zero lead me to a crowd of blossom trees. All in bloom, and all in beauty. They were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Their colours were rich and bright and each tree stood alive and strong. Zero took a blossom and put in my hair.

"This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, Zero. Thank you for showing me this."

"I'm glad, Serrie."

"Zero. Today, you seem kind of angry. Anything wrong?"

"Last time I checked, there was nothing wrong with feelings."

"Which means what?"

"I think you know."

"Sure? I know what exactly?"

"Serena, you know what I'm talking about. So don't play dumb, please."

"I think this conversation should be dropped."

"Fine then. You need to go get changed for the ball."

"I'm not going."

"Alone or not. I think you can go."

"But I haven't anything to wear."

"You'll find something. Come on, let's go."

I'll also show you a sweet dream... Next night.