Part Seventeen: The Truth Shows In Those Shattered Pieces

I had decided to join Yuki during patrol tonight and Zero did join us. But I didn't mind anymore. It was fine. There was no tension or drama. Just friendliness and mature conversation. All was clear tonight, so not much caution was needed. It was an easy and peaceful night, and then I realized that Yuki wanted me to speak to Zero about his brother. Or maybe she wanted me to just talk with him in general.

"So, I saw you guys talking with Ichiru. How was that?" She asked.

"It was fine. A normal conversation between three friends."

"That doesn't sound right, Serena. What really happened?"

"Me and Zero aren't dating anymore. Just friends. We believe that if we really are destined to be together, then we'll get back together at a better pace."

"Wow, I missed a lot, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did."

"Oh, I decided I'm confronting Kaname tonight. I've known Kaname for ten years now and I always told myself that I wouldn't mind if one day, Kaname had betrayed me. But it took a long time for me to gather my courage since I was afraid of asking him about it. I've liked him for a whole of ten years now. I think it's time I said something."

"Yuki, what brought this up?"

"I already know, I know that Kaname is hiding something from me. But still, I don't care. So I need to go now."

"Yuki, if there's any way I can help then-"

"You've been a great help, Serena, but this is personal. It only involves me and Kaname. But thanks for all your advice and support." Yuki jumped over the ledge and then it was just Zero and I. Not exactly awkward or terrible, but still.

"Is there anyone you're seeing tonight, Serrie?"

"Not that I know of."

"Then why is my brother over there, and Hanabusa over there? And it appears to me as if they're waiting for you."

I jumped over to see Ichiru and Hanabusa both on different ends, but still waiting and they both saw me and Zero. Boys were really confusing to me, and this wasn't helping at all.

"It's fine. You can go, as long as you're careful."

"That's very unlike you, Zero."

"We're not together anymore and I know now that I can't always be guarding you."

"That's actually very considerate of you, thanks Zero."

I leaped off the ledge and landed pretty hard on the grass. I was closer to Hanabusa's side, so I found my way through the trees and I came across to Hanabusa.

"Hey Serena. Lovely night, isn't it?"

"It is kind of nice, I guess. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you of course. Why else would I be here?"

"Just to be honest, Zero's brother is actually on the other side and I have to see him as well. So, whatever you're here for, please get to the point."

"You're single now, and you know this already, but I have to tell you that I love you, Serena. And I-"

"Hanabusa, I love you. But I also love two other people as well. So there's no point right now. I'm sorry." I said quickly, although it was with meaning.

"It's fine, I understand."

"Hello, Serrie. The stars sure are beautiful tonight."

"Ichiru?! What the hell are you doing here?"