Part Eighteen: Confusion And Love Make A Poison To Kill

I had told Aika and Suki about how I kissed Zero last night, but not exactly in the way it actually happened, obviously and this morning, that was all they talked about.

"You two are so getting back together. You're perfect for each other." Aika said, walking beside me.

"But you know, you have to consider how Ichiru and Aido have been putting the moves on you recently." Suki added.

"Yeah, I guess they have. But you know what, things might turn around eventually." That was just my wishful thinking though, really.

"You can't seriously be trying to evade all this attention. Serena, you're turning into Yuki Cross with all these boys liking you."

"How many guys like Yuki?" I asked, curiously.

"Well, she's on the top 10 and the word is that you're on there too."

That was sort of strange to think about. Me on the top 10 list? And I always thought that boys were annoyed by Yuki. But I guess I really don't know them at all.

Around the corner, Yuki was walking with Yori. Yori had no idea about the Vampires, but her encounters could say otherwise. She was Yuki's best friend and Yuki told her basically every detail of her life, leaving out the fact that Vampires exist. But I liked Yori, she was generally reserved and kind-hearted.

"Oh, good morning, Serena. Good morning, Aika and Suki." Yuki greeted, smiling like usual.

"Good morning, Yuki. How are you?" I replied.

"I'm doing alright. But have you seen Zero, Serena?" She seemed serious when she asked.

"Of course she has! She kissed him last night."

Really? Really, Suki? I swear, that girl was such an airhead sometimes. Yuki just looked at me, wondering what the hell? Well, yeah what the hell. I kissed Zero, but it's not like it was going to change anything.

"That's great, Serena. I'm glad for the both of you." She finally said.

We all turned and saw Zero walking around the corner. it was actually pretty funny how Yori, Suki, Aika and Yuki all started giggling when they saw the two of us together.

"Hey, you're all so energetic today." He noted.

"Obviously, Zero. Our excitement hormones are just raging!"

"Suki, that was not a necessary comment. And there is no such thing as excitement hormones." I stated.

"Right, well I'm going now. And good morning, Serrie." Zero said, a little weirded out by the girls I'm guessing.

And as Zero swung open the doors, we found Night Class students waiting outside the door. I saw Hanabusa, Rima and Akatsuki, but I didn't know who the other girl was.

"We're following orders from President Kuran. We're to watch over you and be by your side. Lady Yuki." All of us were as surprised as Yuki was.

Actually, Suki and Aika were bouncing with excitement, and Yori remained naturally calm. Zero, Yuki and I were just mind blown. This was a little too extreme, even for Kaname.

"Did you say something to make them do this, Yuki?"

"No, I don't think so." She said.

"Let's just go."

Zero seemed to be absolutely annoyed by it, but came to accept it. And Suki and Aika were just jumping with joy as they skipped along. Yuki and Yori were embarrassed and dreading it.