Part Ten: The Things I Can't Change

It was the last day before the break and every single girl was there for the Night Class. Everyone was yelling at the top of their lungs and it was really starting to annoy me. Zero even took the liberty of covering my ears.

"Shut up!" Zero always knew how to silence the crowd. Everyone was silent at the sound of his voice. He took his hand off my ears and some people started whispering. Now, Zero and I were the biggest gossip around. Yuki seemed to be a bit out of it today though.

"Yuki, are you even awake?" I snapped my fingers in front her face, startling her.

"Huh? Yeah I'm awake."

"It seems like Serrie and I are the only ones actually alert."

"Sorry."

The doors opened and the Night Class came through and of course, the girls were crazy. Not like the average everyday crazy, but complete animals. It was funny how even Aika and Suki were one of the craziest. I saw Kaname speaking to Yuki, but I couldn't exactly hear what he was saying to her, but she seemed pretty shocked and serious. The Night Class walked away and the girls stopped going crazy. I went to Yuki and she still seemed shocked.

"What did Kaname say to you?"

"I'm still trying to sort that out."

The break was starting today and Yuki had gone to say goodbye to Kaname and I was with Zero at his dorm. I had been there the entire morning and we were mostly just talking. It seemed so casual between us and I really enjoyed it. Zero had gone to take a shower and I was lying on his bed, closing my eyes and letting my mind wander.

"Hey Serrie."

"Oh Zero. I didn't you hear you come in."

"I think I hear voices outside. Come on."

"Sure."

Zero opened the door to outside and I stood behind him. It annoyed me a bit at how short I was compared to Zero. But Yuki was much shorter than the both of us.

"Hanabusa, just so you know, the Night Class is not allowed to be near the Sun Dormitories."

"Hanabusa? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Serena! What are you doing here?"

"I think I just asked you that same question."

"I know but I mean, why are you here with Zero?"

"I don't think that really concerns you, Hanabusa."

"Just be sure you're playing it safe." I heard Yuki laugh a little and Zero and I were merely waiting for his answer.

"Well, I don't want to be at my dorm, so I'm not going back."

"Serrie, go grab me a rope and we can drag him back."

"You'll have to catch me first!"

Hanabusa started running away and Zero went after him. Yuki and I watched from a distance as the two chased each other around. It was pretty funny watching this.

Back at the Headmaster's quarters, Zero managed to bring Hanabusa there. He was evidently tired and Hanabusa was relaxing casually on the couch.

"Don't waste my time with your silly games."

"You know, this could have all been avoided if you had just helped me out from the start."

Zero was ultimately ready for a fight at that moment. He was easily annoyed at cheery people like Hanabusa.